Plan on fishin at boon lake in stow this Monday.How is boat ramp?
Have a 16' bass boat.Is there any size limit on the motor?

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 8:57 am

The ramp is a bit of an adventure, but manageable. Parking is pretty limited, however, so hope that there aren't a lot of other people with the same idea =)

I don't believe there's a size restriction, but there are some local rules about wake etc. http://lakeboon.com/rules.htm. No idea how enforcement is, but it seems like mostly a non-issue as long as you use common sense.

You can find the ramp at 525 Sudbury Road. Google maps actually has a street view of it.

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 9:47 am

watch your idle speed going through the narrows two diferent spots on the lake have watchers. and they can give out tickets!
allso speed on sundays and holidays!!
awesome lake good luck!!!

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 10:21 am

thanks mark.What colors work good for that place?.Smallmouth too,or just largies?.

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 1:26 pm

Is there any decent shore fishing around Lake Boon? I drove around it a few weeks ago and it mostly looks like lots of private homes with only really access for boats to the bulk of the lake.

I did stop by the boat launch and took a few casts (I was still in my work clothes walking through the woods) and actually pulled out a little 12" 1 1/4lb bass like 2 casts in. Smile

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 1:45 pm

I'm told there is some smallmouth bass in Boone. As far as color back in the day the color selector showed black and blue,as same as a lot of our other stained waters. But i have caught them on every color under the rainbow. Not much shore cover to fish,hot spot is where you put in the boat, have caught some nice bags in that cove when the water is high in the spring tight cover, and I do belive if you go down the road on your left there is a gated road to walk to beaver cove,again not much shore fishin, but a great spot !!
Good luck!

Posted Fri May 27, 2011 10:03 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links