Does anyone know where to get stripers other than the cape or the channel at salisbury beach?

Posted Fri May 27, 2011 9:54 am

Annisquam River...there's a few shore spots near Wingaersheik Beach and near the Green Belt. If you have a boat, check out the sand bars near Crane Beach in the Essex River. There's also a hole behind Nichol's Candy in Gloucester I always see people fishing...never been out there though.

Posted Fri May 27, 2011 1:41 pm

When I first started flyfishing for stripers, I was a semi-regular at Black's Creek off Wollaston Beach in Quincy. You can google it and the fish the outgoing tide Wink The beach near the Creek is all flats but be very mindful of the channel as it drops off sharply. Sink tip line and clousers did the trick. I liked fishing the chanel/creek itself. wen the water was rising or falling you couldn't miss where they would be staging.I see no reason that spinning gear and rubber finesse shads et al. would not work well.

Also, Castle Island had some decent fishing too. I liked fishing the culverts between the Sugar Bowl and the Bay.

Good luck.

Charlie

Posted Sat May 28, 2011 6:27 pm

Plenty of places. Duxbury harbor, Fore river, Squantum, Neponset river, Dorchester beaches, Castle Island, Deer Island.

Best thing you can do is go scouting. Pick a spot and go at low tide. Look for deep water, channels, structure, likely bait. Look for where there will be moving water, and somewhere the fish can sit out of the current and wait for food to be pushed their way. Look for mussel beds. You could even take pictures and make notes. Then, when you come back to fish, you'll know what the bottom looks like, and where fish might be. Basically, anywhere along our shore will have bass if the conditions are right. Guys take bass on Dorchester beaches - but it's usually just before sunrise. During the day, not so much.

Posted Sat May 28, 2011 7:44 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links