Ok guys i have heard from fishermen local to me that there are Carp in Dug Pond..... i personally am not inclined to believe this after trying many times without even a nibble.... does someone here have SOLID information if there could possibly be Carp in this Beautiful water.
or for that matter in one of the 'Cochituate' Lakes. MAFF does NOT list Carp as a fish in either of these lakes so i am inclined to believe that.
but the rumours and 'fish tales' i've heard are hard to ignore....
Anyone have solid information?

Posted Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:52 pm

ive been to dug pond a lot of times 2 years ago before i had the big engine on the boat and i ve seen carp cruisin infront of my boat in the shallow bay where the cementary is

its hard to get shore access in the murky bay below the graveyard but if you try hard enuff

the spot on the street where all the trout guys sit forget it there its too deep and clear also on the other side next to the ramp and swimming area theres only trout and bass

but they are in there - never catched one - never tried but i saw them

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:29 am

yeah i havent tried in the corner by the high school where the backwater is across the road.... im certain i have seen one IN that backwater where the highschool overflow car park is but so much weed and debris makes it almost impossible to fish.
i have tried in the back of the highschool on the corner opposite the trout guys by the road, but nothing not even a nibble, i will certainly try to get into the area you suggested, who knows maybe i'll get lucky, you mean between the graveyard and the island right? or closer towards the wall?

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:23 pm

yeah right in that lil cove across the tiny island
u can park on the graveyard and make your way down
the further in the murkier the water

- the wall is dead there s so much pressure nothing there

i will not forget the mexican dude that tried to catch trout on a 5 hook with a whole glass of troutbait on it the size of a huge egg and he seriously asked me why he s not catching one trout Rolling Eyes

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:46 pm

HAHAHA OMG thats so funny.... i dont confess to know how to use the powerbait stuff i have a single pot red,white,blue with sparkles (ahhhhh) and i have never had a nibble either but that was not with an egg and a hook used for moby dick! i use just enough to cover a 12 hook but i have no clue what im doing with that stuff. and the variety i have was suggested to me spacifically for Dug by the guy in either Dicks or Natick Outdoor.... i forget which either way, it dont work for me!
i may head down to the graveyard this afternoon and see whats cookin.
thanks for the heads up dude lets see if i can pull one out! and put the Dug Pond Carp legend to bed once and for all!! LOL
im pretty sure nobody has actually caught one there because everyone only says they have seen them, including me!

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:42 pm

yeah good luck Twisted Evil

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Grew up in Natick (pond st) fished Dug Pond for manyyyyyyyyy years , was one of our best spots for Carp, The cove by the high school was the best spot, don't waste your time on the little pool across the street. Another great spot is right off Pond St between the landing and the old ice house. If you walk that shore line you can spot the carp swimming by from the side walk. The only bait I have ever used for for carp was corn. Give it a try.

Ed

Aka Happy Hooker

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Ok guys i dont know what the hell it is with me and Snappers, but i pulled another out tonight, this time from Dug Pond with CHEESE! i am kinda mystified as to why a snapping turtle would take cheese but there you have it. Still no Carp, but a small Catfish along with the snapper prevented a 'no bite' evening!
Here is the snapper!!

Posted Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:27 pm

lol lovely Confused

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:50 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links