Hit the Quabbin today via an invite from a good friend. Tom has been trying to get me and my daughter out for some drop shot smallies and today our schedules worked out. Met Grandfather at 5:30 and we were on the water at 6:30. Overcast warm with a slight breeze, PERFECT conditions for drop shotting. Grandfather is a master with the eletronics. He idles over a spot, says there's a fish Erin drop down, She does and is rewarded with the 1st of many smallies on the day. 30 + when all was said and done. Tom took us to several places and every one produced at least a fish or 2. Erin was the clear cut winner with 15 of the fish. Tom and I split up the other 15 or so. Erin also got the 2 biggest fish, a 4lb even and a 3 lb 15 oz beauty. The 4lber being her new PB. Erin was doing so well that the fish were literally jumping in the boat. She set the hook on a fish right below the boat in 30+ feet of water and the thing heads right for the top floor, jumping out of the water and in the boat All fish were caught drop shotting in 30 to 55, YES 55 feet of water. Me catching one that deep was a 1st for me. Oh and something about the winner gets the dollar!!

Thanks Tom Grandfather for an amazing day on the water. Erin is still smiling!!!

Posted Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:33 pm

I am so jealous. The Q is one of my most favorite places on Earth. My buddy and I were just talking about it yesterday that this is the longest we've gone without going there. Totally Awesome day

Posted Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:00 pm

Those are some nice fish.Haven't been to Quabbin yet this year.I live about 40 mins from there.What gate did you go out of.How much of a hassle is it to get your boat inspected before you can put in the water?.I hold on to all my dollars each week,so if i have to pay back i do it with the same dollars.Maybe your daughter should be your tourney fishing partner

Posted Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:43 pm

Congrats! Great looking fish!

Posted Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:26 am

Great fish man! The smallmouth at Quabbin are the best around!

Posted Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:14 am

Wow, that is Awesome! Looks like fishing Heaven right there!! Congrats to your daughter!!! Very Happy

Posted Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:11 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links