In August, Connecticut angler Greg Myerson (below) brought a striped bass to the scale of a Westbrook tackle shop that pinned the needle at 81.8 pounds. It trumped the weight of the all-tackle world record set by Albert McReynolds in 1982 by more than two pounds. Of course, no record is legit until it's legit with the IGFA. Last Wednesday, the organization signed off on this record, and Myerson can now officially say he has landed what was easily one of the most coveted all-tackle records in saltwater fishing

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:21 am

wow 81 lbs

any pics ?

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am

skoda

wow 81 lbs

any pics ?

fieldandstream.com has the whole article today

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:39 am

ty

i yet have to find a chance to go to the ocean and go for stripers
dont wanna pay up the ass or go cruise liner with 50 drunk f@ks

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:25 pm

Fish Tales out of Winthrop was my first striper experience. 6 guys. 5 hours. $ depends on what the cost of bait and gas is at the time. The most I ever paid was 500 and it was worth it. We always caught fish with him. The only reason I stopped going with him is my best buddy and fishing partner Darren bought a boat. My biggest striper is 33 pounds caught on a 7 ft medium heavy saltwater spinning combo with 20# braided line. Awesome fight

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:34 pm

skoda

ty
i yet have to find a chance to go to the ocean and go for stripers
dont wanna pay up the ass or go cruise liner with 50 drunk f@ks

DUDE! I have nailed some UNREAL FATTY'Z right there canal-side from terra-firma, and have tons of spots and techniques for those spots.HIT ME UP -and we'll hook up and go down there... when they run after "slack" you can almost grab 'em outta the water<---obviously exaggerated of course but you get the idea. . .

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:43 pm

Spent many nights on the canal, usually the radar station or the train bridge. I loved the bridge, lots of fish there.

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Drifting Eels with the Current = Fish + Slimy Hands. I have Spent may Early Am's at the train bridge and move my way down to Herring Run. Cant seem to Get my popper out to where they're Slurping :/

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:25 pm

[b]First---I've had ALOT of fish on at the state skating arena. 3-4 oz wts are minimal and needed ! 4oz'ers really let fly if you use @ least 9' surfcaster/(you can go nuts going "striper-specific" on your pole---and that is always a matter of taste and choice so ---and alot of that is your Ht/Wt ratio-believe it or not . . .
lets get on to probably my best tip -CHUM SLACK TIDE ---you'll be happy you did. . . get a QUALITY chum bag if you can---it helps keep matter inside for longer.think of it like when you first get out of your car @ BBQ---ya JUST CAN'T HELP IT ---you head for the grill dontchya ? for better results us steel or titanium leaders, this will help insure "blues" and other snaggle-toothed bastids don't keep "rippin" your hooks and lures off from just striking them.
and THE HULA POPPER is KING OF THE CANAL and if rigged right will lead "you" to BIGGER FISH almost every trip out this I KNOW to be TRUE ---looks like all those drives from "witsa" t' "war-ham" weren't a waste afterall hahahahahaha -ryan collins on the missloretta--has his rates posted---and is so into-stripers and HUGE FISH --"you" might be able to N E G O T I A T E somthin w/ him. . . like a lure....I'm just "throwin it out there". . .I've got TONS OF TIPS for anyone askin' and up for the cancal most every weekend pretty much til I can no longer hold a pole or until we fish every striper in EXISTANCE

Posted Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:16 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links