Howdy everyone...

Just wanted to reach out and say hello... if you see me on any Massachusetts Ponds or Lakes there will be no mistake.. I will be in my PJ!!

Grew up fishing in them and what a great boat they are... if you see me.. shout out hey! Pirouge Joe!! Very Happy Very Happy

Pirouge Joe

Posted Thu May 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Wow!! I am stunned...all my Southern friends told me it was different up here in the North...not even one hey man welcome post to this thread after 5 days??

In my home State I/you would have had 10 offers to show you the places by now. Please tell me I am mistaken...lol

PJ

Last edited by pirougejoe on Tue May 15, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Normally you would get a hey welcOme to the community. I think a lot of people might be in a funk tough to find where the fish are biting right now. Also there's better fishing down south lots of secret spots and ponds around here. Plenty of trips mappe out in the trip section take a look on there sure you can find a good spot

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 2:57 pm

pirougejoe

Wow!! I am stunned...all my Southern friends told me it was different up here in the North...not even one hey man welcome post to this thread??

In my home State I/you would have had 10 offers to show you the places by now. Please tell me I am mistaken...lol

PJ

I believe your mistaken. This is the 1st I've seen of this post.
I have never seen a new person go un-welcomed especially here on maff.
Welcome aboard and that's a sweet kayak!!!!
maff has a ton of extremely nice members and i'd be shocked if you didn't receive a welcome. I'm not sure about the offers but I'm pretty sure if you asked anybody would be more than willing to help.
Hint: Throw up a question and explain where you are near and I'm sure people will help. This site isn't or wasn't secretive in the past.That's what is so cool.
Your profile just says Mass and that doesn't narrow it down Cool

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 3:00 pm

i'm sorry i missed it too, welcome aboard man, I love the name I love the boat, i will most definatley say hello.

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 3:08 pm

I was thrown off because I had no idea what the hell a pirouge is!

I just have one question, how do you expect anyone to see you to say 'hi' with that camouflage boat?! Smile hopefully you'll be wearing some bright shirts!

Welcome aboard

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 3:26 pm

volume4130

I was thrown off because I had no idea what the hell a pirouge is!

I just have one question, how do you expect anyone to see you to say 'hi' with that camouflage boat?! Smile hopefully you'll be wearing some bright shirts!

Welcome aboard

Thanks for the welcome guys.. appreciate it very much.

Yes.. I understand that most folks up here in the Great North do not know much about pirouge's. This boat was first made of Marine Plywood and sealed but has long since migrated into fiberglass which mine is. It is extremely stable, stealth, shallow runner with ~ 3" draft. One of my favorite methods of fishing for true lunkers is called "hi-jacking".. you may or may not have heard this term before but it is super fun.

There are many differences between a pirouge and kayak. No offense to Kayak owners but they are worlds apart. I have done white water kayak trips since I have been in New England and they are nice boats but for fishing... the pirouge is a masters work.

As you can see in the image the center of the boat is quite wide for stability and it's load capacity is ~320lbs. If you run in to me feel free to ask to try it out.
BTW it is pronounced as would be "p-roe"

PJ

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Progeees are good Cool

Posted Wed May 16, 2012 6:59 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links