kman

Google map tip for you guys. Right click and then select "whats here"
It will spit out the coordinates for the area you clicked on.

Then enter coordinates in google maps. 42.464681,-71.100436

Good way to share spots or launches, etc.

Thanks Kman, I've seen you do that before and I was wondering how you did that. It beats my method of narrowing down a street address that resembles the location I am trying to share.

Posted Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:47 am

kman, I call that pond on montvale ave the drop off, and their are huge fish in their. i also remember ,i wannna say that was in 81 or 82 they drained spot pond and like the kman said beware of the largemouthed gay guys.

Posted Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:39 pm

I went to Spot Pond Friday and walked the shore for a while looking for a good place to fish at a later date. Low and behold on the rocks there I saw 32 Largemouth bass swimming in a school and they ranged from 2½ - 4 lbs. I will by going back there soon....
Dark Hallow sure looks real good (for fishing) but maybe I'll just stay away.

RevJim708..........

Posted Sun May 01, 2011 8:24 am

Revjim, what part of spot did you see the fish.....and were did you park? (skating rink?). took a few casts this morning near the dock / boat rental but didn't have any luck.

Posted Sun May 01, 2011 8:35 am

dr,
I parked at Straw Point. Which is at the other end of Spot Pond. And seen all the fish on the left side in the first little cove by the rocks.

If you go back and read this thread from the beginning you will see that towelie and kman show how to find the parking spot on Google.

Good Luck

Posted Mon May 02, 2011 7:23 pm

nofx99 thanks for the heads up.
Where does the truck drop them in?
I was there on the 21st but did not get a bite.
Last year i caught a dozen out of there in one week.

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:34 am

If you have the zoo on your left side , right after the zoo the next opening looks like a beach area!

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:11 pm

revjim708

I went to Spot Pond Friday and walked the shore for a while looking for a good place to fish at a later date. Low and behold on the rocks there I saw 32 Largemouth bass swimming in a school and they ranged from 2½ - 4 lbs. I will by going back there soon....
Dark Hallow sure looks real good (for fishing) but maybe I'll just stay away.

RevJim708..........

RevJim708,
Are you a "Man of the Cloth" Reverend or just from Revere or something like that? If you're a Reverend, maybe we need you to go in to Dark Hollow and do a exorcism or cleansing or something, from all the illicit activity that goes on in that area! It's a shame that it even has to be an obstacle, but it is!

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:11 pm

volume4130

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone catching trout at Spot...I don't see the point of stocking there because trout like cold water (deeper water), and you can't really reach the deep spots from shore and its basically unaffordable to fish from a boat. There are probably monsters in there, unless the bass eat them all, which could explain the huge bass in there. That's how the bass in those California reservoirs get so big...

Has anyone had luck with trout there??

I smell a road trip to Spot pond in the very near future.

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Nice lure, whats the name of it

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:56 pm

nofx99

Nice lure, whats the name of it

Rago hard tool. Just won them on ebay.

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:10 pm

I took my daughter to Spot today -- we fished for over two hours without a bite, I was trying everything in my tackle box, no action. My experiences over the past week tell me that shallower ponds are the place to be right now, and that the deeper ones like Spot are still sleepy.
I agree that the boat rental is ridiculously expensive, but worth getting a season pass for if you know you're going to be hitting the place many times -- especially if your wife pays for your pass as a birthday present Wink

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:25 pm

acute, try to the right of the boat dock. walk past all the rocks and the little pumphouse. if your using worms you should get at least a few perch

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:45 am

Dark Hollow was one of the main areas to get bass when the dredged Spot Pond back in the 70's......Winchester Reservoir was another area between south-an-middle Res.
North getting most of the stock between the 2 bodys of water.

How do I know, not only did I live in Winchester, my good friend work at the MWRA at that time and had first hand knowledge on when things were going on....And yes, we fished the hell out of it.

Posted Thu May 24, 2012 1:15 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links