Please let me know if you know a good trout/salmon fishing pond near Plymouth. I know long pond is one but i never have any luck there. If you have tips on good rigs, bait, ect. I would highly appreciate it! Smile

Posted Wed May 30, 2012 11:38 am

Fearings Pond, Long Pond, Little Pond, Big Sandy Pond, Lout Pond, Russell-Sawmill Ponds, and the Eel River are ALL stocked with trout and they're ALL in Plymouth.

Posted Wed May 30, 2012 1:14 pm

A lot of people swear by Power Bait dough but I've only caught trout on the salmon eggs. Tie a 1/4 oz weight on the line above a swivel. use an 18"-24" leader and a small hook (size 10). put on the bait and make sure it floats. chuck it out there, over the edge of a dropoff if at all possible, and wait until your rod dances. keep the drag very loose or just open the bail. if you're not in the sitting mood, mepps and spoons do well for cast and retrieve. i like Kastmasters myself.

Posted Wed May 30, 2012 1:17 pm

Here is my method for worms. Get yourself a syringe, yup the medical type. I like short night crawlers for this method as they float nice and wiggle well. Attach a # 6 or 8 hook to your line and add a nice STEEL weight to it as well about 12 to 16 inches above the hook. Put the worm on the hook so it is covered but let the worm have some ends free to move. Use the needle to inject some air into the worm at both ends (this takes some practice and be careful not to jab yourself) CAST IT! The worm will float off the bottom and dance for the fish. Because you are allowed two hooks, I use this method with one rod and use spinners with the other. This method has been productive for me. Good luck!

Posted Wed May 30, 2012 2:31 pm

Thanks! This really helps me!! Any certain time of day? Also, Do those techniques work for Brood stock Salmon???

Posted Wed May 30, 2012 6:13 pm

I am told that trout are not like bass where the school around all day in search for food. Bass on the other hand like to find a place and stay put. With that said, i think its hit or miss.

Posted Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:15 am

like most fishing, dawn and dusk are good. the broodstock i've seen caught were usually taken by trolling a spoon or a tube

Posted Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:10 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links