Your going fishing, but you can only bring one rod an one lure. Whats your weapons of choice?

I would bring my Shimano Clarus rod with a Pflugger Presidental spinning reel an Power Pro 40lb test line on it. Thats my favorite rod an reel. Got alot of confidence in the feel I get. The rod believe it or not was best of show at the Icast fishing show which is the biggest in the world. An you cant beat the price $75 for a quality rod. the Pflugger Presidential is a great reel. I got 3 of them now an not one complaint. It comes with 2 spools so you can have one with mono an one with braid. Once again good value for the money $65. Together its a great set up that I put a beating on every year. For a lure I would go with an Rapala X-rap perch. That lure is very versital. You can suspend it an hold it for long counts or shorter one to entice a bite or you can crank it right in. A of course smallies love them!!! Remember you only get one lure so if you go with a Senko an it gets beat up you only have that one. So duribility is a factor. Go Fish

Posted Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:02 pm

I would take my Lightning rod,although i prefer the older model,to the new,with my shimano reel,seeing how that is the only set up i have,well i have two set ups they are identical.have had good luck with them.For a lure that's tough because i really only use rubber worms,but i would go with a,and not to copy mikeyc,but a X-rap,maybe perch or something similiar.Oh and i use 10lbs test,overkill maybe but if they bring you into weeds or other crap you can always pull it out without snapping it.

Posted Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:40 pm

this is a great thread topic mikey,
I would have to go with my flueger presidential baitcaster reel with my diawa prostick 7'. and of course i am going to go with my chartreuse 3/8oz tandem jagged willow blade spinner bait.
with firetiger tip skirt. is it weird that i get a little excited talking fishing, lol.

Posted Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:28 pm

I am going to BassPro today and I have just wrote down what you guys are using.

Posted Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:19 am

I use a 6'6" Ugly Stick with a Mitchell 300xe. My favorite bait is a Chartreusse spinner bait. Go Fish

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:29 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links