The Cape Cod Canal is hands down one of the best places on Earth to target cow stripers from shore. Fishing the "Big Ditch" after dark often increases the chances of hooking up with a monstrous bass.

This article helps to explain when, where and how to catch big striped bass from the Canal during the night.

http://myfishingcapecod.com/fishing-the-cape-cod-canal-at-night/night-fishing-big-stripers-big-ditch/

Good luck and go get em!

Captain Ryan

Posted Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:45 pm

GREAT POST Captain Ryan...Thanks for taking my call last week and letting me pick your brain for new and improved "hot-spots" and clarifying the water for me on the "hook" questions too ! ...I've been getting a lot of BUZZ on "The Ditch"..."The Pit" from my best friend for a few years now...but old habits die hard...I remember when me n my guys would be the ONLY people at the Skating Arena and a few of our other favorite 'haunts'...now...it's WALL T' WALL down there ! ! !...I've even seen an abundance of "PINK HATS"....why can't women just follow Tom Brady into the stadium...I feel like Al Bundy when he loses his bowling night ALL IS LOST when I can't use the canal to ESCAPE my wife hahahaha I "kid' of course...
I'm hooking up with some nice waders in the winter here so I can "Hop Right In The Ditch"...The Canal is just a GIANT RIVER to me & TheRiverRat can appreciate that ! hahahahahaha...
----For you other MAFFERS...hit up Ryan's webstite...this young man is re-writing the book on SLAMMING THE BIG ONE on Cape Cod...As you can tell from my profile picture I've caught A FEW big 'stripers'...and the whole Cape can appreciate a guy like this picking up the torch !...and his experience and knowledge CLEARLY surpass his youthful image...can't wait to get back to the Cape in 2012 and I'll be sure to at least meet up with 'Ry" @ least once, if for no other reason, to thank him in person for his LOVE FOR CAPE COD !

Posted Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:36 am

Hey Riverrat,

No problem! And thank you for all the compliments!

Hopefully you will nail some big ones at the Big Ditch this year. I'll keep an eye out for you down there throughout 2012. I'm guessing you won't be wearing a pink hat?

Take care,

Ryan

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:18 am

Don't mention it Captain Ryan...I stand behind my compliments...Cape Cod IS our greatest natural asset in Massachusetts...and you're an asset to Cape Cod---(I've learned quite a bit from your site)...I typically charter out of Rock Harbor on The Watanye...Steve is a great captain and has been out of that 'head' since July 4th 1976...which in my humble opinion is the coolest sh** one can imagine...his maiden voyage was the Bicentennial ! ! ! C'Mon now...ya gotta give it up to that one little footnote if anything right?...I AM getting in the pit...I've looked up TONS of youtube vids of guys "WAILING HOGS" top water and landing them at chest height...KILLER ...as far as the pink hat...If I see ONE pink hat in that pit with me in the swirl...I'm either quitting fishing FOR LIFE ...or I'm takin' the hat and wearing til it's BLACK hahahaaaa 'cause that would be one B A B if she has the BRASS t' get in up to her chest !You should check out this guys site...http://www.skishingnewengland.com/ 'seems right up your alley...ENOJY....others who haven't checked this style out might enjoy it as well...feel free guys...BTW ...GREAT VIDEO ya put in this here thread...
misslorettafishing

Hey Riverrat,
No problem! And thank you for all the compliments!
Hopefully you will nail some big ones at the Big Ditch this year. I'll keep an eye out for you down there throughout 2012. I'm guessing you won't be wearing a pink hat?
Take care,Ryan

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:06 pm

GREAT FISH what did you use

Posted Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:29 am

Nice any more tips on how to catch some big stripers

Posted Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:24 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links