Figured I'd find someone here whose had this issue/problem. I bought a new topper 12 and I have a outboard in the back but theres no room for the trolling back there as well. So I've been looking at like the mounting brackets from BPS and they all have bad reviews. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to mount it until I build a deck then it'll become easier? Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:03 am

I assume it's a transom mount trolling motor? You can rotate the tiller 180 degrees and bow mount. It's a quick fix and you need to watch for rocks more carefully but it works.

Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:46 am

Yeah sorry it's a trans. I'll see if I can do what you said, but the front end of the tracker 12 has a weird like lip that I think wont allow me to do that, but I could just be boat stupid.

Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:06 am

zack137z

Yeah sorry it's a trans. I'll see if I can do what you said, but the front end of the tracker 12 has a weird like lip that I think wont allow me to do that, but I could just be boat stupid.

If you have a tracker topper like I do with the carry handle in the bow you can use one of these..
(click the link)

http://www.basspro.com/Jon-Boat-Trolling-Motor-Bracket-for-Bow-or-Stern/product/37359/111468

Or you can use one of these...

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shopsreg;-Universal-Trolling-Motor-Bracket/product/58551/127874?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT

I actually built a deck on my tracker topper and used a standard bow mount troller to avoid the hassle of all this but if money is an issue use one of the two products listed above

Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:35 am

if the lip gets in your way just use a piece of 2x4 and clamp between that and the boat

Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:38 am

Yeah in the next few weeks I'm going to build a deck like yours sinistra, but for the next like 11 days I'm on Cape I just need a quick fix to be able to use the outboard and trolling for some fishing. I think I'll have my buddy grab that cheapie one to try it out, why not. All the negative reviews seems to be with people suing 55lb thrust, mines a tiny 34 lb thrust so maybe it'll do the job for a month or so.

Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:39 am

zack137z

Yeah in the next few weeks I'm going to build a deck like yours sinistra, but for the next like 11 days I'm on Cape I just need a quick fix to be able to use the outboard and trolling for some fishing. I think I'll have my buddy grab that cheapie one to try it out, why not. All the negative reviews seems to be with people suing 55lb thrust, mines a tiny 34 lb thrust so maybe it'll do the job for a month or so.

Just do your self a favor I had a transom mount on the box of a pond prowler and had this problem.

The prop is made to force the shaft of the motor against the transom, when you place it on the bow, dont start the motor in top speed the shaft wants to spring forward, I actually broke the lock that pivots the motor up and down on mine because of the force of the motor without the transom to stop it from doing so.

Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:52 am

Thanks for the advice, I honestly dont think Ive ever started it in top speed right away before cause I'm alittle girl so I'll make sure not to do it.

Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:03 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links