Hello Everyone!
Awesome website. Loved looking at all the member photos and cannot wait to post some of my own. My question is about fly fishing in the southeastern part of the state. I usually drive all the way to southern Rhode Island to fish, (which of couse I need another state license to fish), but I am looking for a closer spot to home. I really love to fish small streams that hold native trout of any size. Any help out there. I live in Mattapoisett so anywhere in Bristol or Plymouth county would be helpful. Also, I hear great things about Cape Cod fly fishing in lakes, any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
Thom

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:36 am

Little pond Plymouth, Long pond Plymouth,. Carpmaster listed all the ponds stocked in Ma in the freshwater reports.
http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/habitat/maps/ponds/pond_maps_sd.htm Heres some more info for ponds in your area. Good luck Very Happy

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Don't know about rivers down the Cape. My buddies go to the regular spots for stalked trout. About 45 minutes from you, 195 to 495 and over the Sagamore.

Shuebel, Peters, Spectacle, the usual culprits are lined w/ waders on the nice clean shores.

Better get out there, the salmon and trout are biting big time right now.

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:44 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links