Anyone know the best way to catch fresh squid around here other than jigging? I have a boat, but I really don't feel like blowing the gas to jig for some squid. Any good ways of catching them shore fishing? Lures? Bait? or just plain netting them? I've noticed fresh squid seem to be the meal of choice for Striper this 2012 season. Haven't caught a Striper yet this season, fished for them probably 8 times now. Skunked all 8 times. Any hot spots this season? Ive heard of a few but also heard they can be extremely hit or miss, regardless of tides etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated Very Happy

Posted Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:59 pm

you gotta jig whether it be from shore or a boat. its the best way. I've never heard of any other ways to be honest. cast out as far as you can and let the rig sink down to he bottom and retrieve it back in a jigging motion. i posted quite a lengthy piece of advice earlier ill look it up and paste the link in here hope this helps!

http://www.mafishfinder.com/phpBB2/fishing-for-squid-in-buzzards-bay-t5845.html

if you don't wanna buy the special jifs diamond jigs with trebles will work you'll loose a lot of fish that way the special jigs keep them a lot better. good luck!

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:57 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links