Great.. Now the fun part is get out there and use it! Very Happy

Posted Sun May 29, 2011 10:24 pm

That is fantastic! Wait till you start tying your own flies...oh man...you are screwed! Very Happy Another great fly to use if you are going for panfish...all fish for that matter jsut in different sizes...is the wooly bugger. For panfish try an 8 or a 10 in...pick the color really...but black is an old stand by.... and have a ball. If you can, get a cheap pair of hemostats to get the hooks out more easily. Where are you from?

Charlie

Posted Mon May 30, 2011 9:03 am

Oh I am...I must have put in about 5-6 hours of fishing time with my fly gear already. Working the honey worms just below the surface has been super productive. I just have to finesse the leader connections so that the presentation is more refined.

I have some flies on order but they will not arrive until the 2nd week in June.

I forsee much nail knot practice in my future.

Posted Mon May 30, 2011 9:06 am

Just thinking that if you want great practice I recommend a nice lake and an ant fly. Ant's are Brown Trout killers, and can have some nice wait to them depending on how they were tied, will help you work on nice loops, and maybe catch a fish

Posted Tue May 31, 2011 10:13 am

I was thinking about this post today while on my kayak, hows the fishing?

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:08 pm

I haven't had a lot of time to do a lot of fishing in the past 3 weeks
but when I go out with the fly rod I catch more then one fish.

When I go out with my spinning gear...lets just say I am not as productive. Sad

And I am still waiting for my Brass ass nymphs from Orvis...I should have had them by now but still waiting.

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:58 pm

I started with this rod
http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=4Y05&dir_id=758&group_id=759&cat_id=14816&subcat_id=7015

a big fly fisherman I know told me to buy up a bit, that way you have a rod that will cast well and not turn you off of fly fishing immediately. Additionally, if I did like it (and Oh, I do), I wouldn't have to spend extra money to buy a better rod for years (if ever).

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:29 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links