can anyone give me ideas on when and where to go for mackeral what baits etc

Posted Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:45 pm

macks are very easy to catch, when they are around....some times 5 at a time.. if blues show up in the area. 1) they eat the macks 2) the macks migrate north to get away. last year they stayed all year in marshfield. i was gettin them cod fishing in november.
look deeper..the best spot in know is arond the bell bouy..its in roughly 40 feet of water ...so i search around there. another spot is shallower. its around another bouy in about 20-30 feet of water
i usualy fish around here. if they are there you will know it. you will see it on your fish finder. and you will catch them.
i use a sibiki rig with a dimond jig on the bottom... the dimond jig will atract them and if theres stripers or cod under the school you will get them on the dimond jig
you can use any type of jig as long as its heavy enough to get to the bottom...the macks could be in any part of the water colum
ive seen them at the surface and at the bottom...they make great bait...never tried live linning one for a big cod...but ive caught monster stripers on them...i also heard they taste good..i havent tried one yet
GOOD LUCK

Posted Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:56 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links