I have three rods that have worn out tips. They are metal rings not the ones with the "inserts". I am wonderin, Do you change the tips? If so, do you use the same metal tip replacement or use a tip that has an insert?

Posted Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:37 pm

muffinman

I have three rods that have worn out tips. They are metal rings not the ones with the "inserts". I am wonderin, Do you change the tips? If so, do you use the same metal tip replacement or use a tip that has an insert?

you can replace the tip with one that has a ceramic insert or what ever type of new inserts manufactures may use, most tackle / repair shops can do it in a matter of minutes, I had two of my Shimano Crucials done in about 25 minutes at Buckos Tackle in Service in Fall River, most rods today are made to handle braided line and come with eyes containing inserts

Oh ya it cost me 8.50$ to have both tips replaced

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:02 am

Thanks!

I was thinkin on doin it myself but for that price and livin a couple of towns over, I will have it done there. Could you give me an address? I will hit up Harbor freight at the same time and pick out a free flashlight!!!!!!!!!

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:54 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links