Looking for someone to fish the fall trout stock with. I am relatively new to the Dedham, MA. Trying to find a few new fishing spots and meet some fellow fisherment in the area. Definitely looking to have some good fishing and some good fun.

Posted Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:07 am

Fall Trout Stocking -- Fall trout stocking occurs in a 2-week period (depending on water temperatures), beginning the last week of September and ending before Columbus Day weekend, a 2-week period. Trout waters underlined on the Trout Stocked Waters lists will be stocked during that period in the fall. Due to the short stocking season, fall stocking activity will not be posted on a weekly basis.

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/recreation/fishing/trout/trout_waters_nd.htm

The closest to Dedham for trout will be Houghton's Pond in Blue Hills Reservation.

Posted Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:31 pm

This I know. I am looking for someone to go fishing with. The wife likes to eat the fish not catch them. I am posting now in hopes of finding someone to fish afterwork or a weekend morning with

Posted Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:12 pm

I've had luck at Houghton's before catching bows with powerbait. I'll go with you. There are two decent drop-offs where they school. If you don't catch a fish in the first hour, then they're probably all gone (some people have no notion of creel)

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:40 am

bcodkind> sounds good to me. you could PM me and we can figure out when is good. It seems you know Houghton's better than I do so I will defer to your knowledge about when to hit it up.

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:30 am

yo i might be up for it too - gotta nice small boat 3 people will fit
let me know - i am hot for trout and salmon

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:59 am

Sounds good Skoda-no boats allowed at Houghton's Pond but we could always go somewhere that does!

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:58 pm

I know some good spots down at Long, Peters and small pond. I usually fish early sunday mornings by canoe and from shore, company always wecome.

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:12 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links