Hey everybody, name's Eric but friends just call me E (for short) and I'm from Fitchburg. I have been told by 2 different people this website is a great resource and online community, so I decided to search for it and it seems awesome to me. I'm finding tons of great information about local freshwater fishing. Thanks everyone sharing their experiences.

So. I dont know wanna say I'm a total newbie fisherman because I grew up in a family where we fished and spent plenty of time outdoors. Even in my 20's I would get out regularly, but as some time passed by and I got sucked into work etc, I got away from it for some years. The past 2 years I caught the bug all over again and have been fishing pretty damn hardcore.

I like fishing trout most, although over the hotter months I do get out and fish Bass and Pout recreationally. When I was younger I had gotten into fly fishing some and started to have some really positive results, but thats about when I got caught up and started getting away from it not long after. So for now I'm enjoying the cooler incoming weather, seeing if I can grab some decent trout with standard poles and techniques.

But a new fly rod is on the horizon at some point. Until then, if anyone has good trout advice for my area as far as spots, lures, bait etc...I'm all ears. I know the fall stocking season is almost here so hopefully there will be some nice autumn action in some places.

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:18 pm

Hey E welcome to the website everyone on here is great and will always try to help you as best as possible. What area are you from?

-Rob

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Welcome Aboard!

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:48 pm

How's it going Rob cool to meet you. I live in Fitchburg, so most (but not all) of my everyday type fishing has been pretty much within 30/40 minutes of here. A few times I have ventured out further on a weekend here and there, but I'd say most spots have been between Quabbin and Wachusett reservoirs, on the central to more northern points in that area. Like today I went and checked out Comet Pond in Hubbardston for a bit. Havent fished there in 15 years haha, but I keep hearing what a great trout pond it is. So I went more to take a look at it and kinda scout it out, but brought a pole along for the hell of it. In an hour or so I grabbed 2 tiny bass of this gravel road by the boat launch, but it was more of a quick reconnaissance mission than anything.

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Thanks for the welcome Sinista!

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:05 pm

Nice nice. I am from the south shore I live in holbrook about an hour and a half from you. I dont do much trout fishing nor do i fish up near you. I have a couple fishing buddies up that way i can takk to and grab some info to try and help you out a bit. There are a lot of great people on here who will more than likely chime in and help you more than i can.

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:10 pm

Welcome aboard to the Greatest Fishing Site eva.....

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:34 am

thanks muskie, i can tell, really like it here you guys will be seeing me around regularly for sure.

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:54 am

Welcome to the greatest site on the web
99.9% of these guys are awesome Cool and will help with anything.
Even if you loose your gear someone might dive for it Very Happy

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:32 am

Welcome Eric, glad to have you here. not many trout guys that I see. I just started doing some trout fishing here and there myself.
whites pond in lincoln ( i think lincoln) and of course walden pond as well. maybe we'll set up an old fashioned trout derby soon.

anyway welcome again!

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:00 am

Welcome Eric!

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:27 am

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome and feedback! Having fun already just diggin around thru the message board, trips, locations...what a wealth of excellent information. Cant wait to start better documenting my own little trips and sharing in return.

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:23 pm

welcome , you will have a ball, scott.

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:47 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links