I'm looking for a spinning outfit for froggin. It doesn't have to be top of the line gear because i'm not a big frog guy. What I'm looking for is 7+ft Heavy w/fast tip and spinning reel. If you have just the rod then that'll work. Shoot me an e-mail if you have something in mind.

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:11 am

tommyboy

I'm looking for a spinning outfit for froggin. It doesn't have to be top of the line gear because i'm not a big frog guy. What I'm looking for is 7+ft Heavy w/fast tip and spinning reel. If you have just the rod then that'll work. Shoot me an e-mail if you have something in mind.

Tommy. BPS bionic blades are what i use as my spinning frog rod. They don't make a 7' heavy but they do make a 6'6" heavy and thats what i use. $80

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:50 am

stratos1966

tommyboy

Tommy. BPS bionic blades are what i use as my spinning frog rod. They don't make a 7' heavy but they do make a 6'6" heavy and thats what i use. $80

Thanks....I was trying to avoid buying new because I'm not a big frogger. I'll use it maybe 1/2 dozen times a year. If nothing pops up then I'll head down to that hole they call a BP and check it out.

There must be a rod over 7ft heavy fast tip out there.

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:40 am

If you can settle on a 7ft then i would check out BPS carbonlite

I have one that i use for fishing frogs,jigs,etc... I was alittle worried when i was first buying the rod because i heard they break, but once i was out on the water and i put it threw some test i fell in love with it quickly. You can get a 7ft MH Fast for $100.00. Its not only great for fishing cover, but it awesome overally. From topwaters to softbait and jigs. I know there better rods for the job, but under $100 im not sure how much better you will do.

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:31 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links