i know there is nothing on the north shore right now. any1 know where they could be Question

Posted Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:45 am

or, perferably, where they are?

Posted Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:47 am

neponset river has some stripers in there my buddy has ben hitting it up i went out with him the other day a bunch of schoolies in the middle a guy to our right landed a 35in chunking macks my buddy has caught a couple keepers but nothing over 31 in hes got a 10 in a half mojo stick and can get to the middle of the river, if you make the trip down to the canal i suggest live lining eels its what my ears are telling me down there and i went down there and landed a 38in my buddy landed a 45 and a 38 on eels. ive also heard early mornings at the canal

Posted Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:31 pm

My wife and I fished the mouth of the Merrimack near Plum Island last Saturday night. I caught an 18" striper just before dusk. Not a monster by any means, but still fun to catch.

We're going back Saturday morning to try again. I'll let you know how we make out.

Last edited by striperhunter on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Saturday Oct 6 8:00 am

Fished the mouth of the Merrimack for two hours. No luck.

No luck also from the other anglers I spoke to.

Perhaps evening is better?

Posted Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:17 pm

People I know are still hitting them in Quincy... Squids are still running there too, but it's very slow on both fronts.

Around this time last year, I caught a lot of large blues...

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:35 am

i wouldnt doubt if theres still a few up in maine/new hampshire. last week they were getting big bass up there.
saw some birds down along duxbury beach yesterday. i got skunked. the wind sucked.
some lady got a 47 inch of beach in scituate and last week she got 50 inch off duxbury beach.
still tons of bait around. i wouldnt doubt if we get stripers into november that are migranting south

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:17 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links