I can't belive it's taken me this long to find this site!. My name is Mike, I'm from Easton MASS. I mostly fish the south shore and the Cape. I usually fish fresh water for Bass and Trout, but I do have a friend with a small but seaworthy boat that we take out in Buzzards bay and to the Islands. Just a quick look at this site has shown me some very friendly and helpful fisherman like myself. I just registered my crawdad with a trolling motor that I used to use 20 plus years ago and now I'm ready to get back in the game with my daughter. I'm heading to Lake Pearl in Wrenthem with my buddy who has the boat and lives 5 min from there. Going to see if there are any holdover trout, but I'd really like to find some bass in there. I've had some luck with the pickerel there, but a nice bass would really give me the thrill i'm looking for. anyways looking at the message board I may just invest in a Chatterbait, but I'm mostly a crankbait and soft platic kind of guy. I'll give anything a shot though. Looking forward to participating on this site and I'll report back on what should be a nice day on the water tomorrow, weather shows 66 degrees:)

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:16 pm

Welcome aboard

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Welcome to the site Dingo!

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:24 pm

Welcome aboard!
The knowledge on this site is awesome and the willingness to help is 2nd to none!
I to tripped over this site a couple years ago and its been awesome!

When you have a chance can you share some crankbait knowledge?
I can't catch a crank bait fish to save my but. Haha

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:59 pm

Rapala does have a lot of my money over the years. As for crankbaits, Most ponds i fish tend to be weedy so thats why i use the rapala original floaters and shallow divers. either pearch, shad, or even trout colors. my tecnique may be unconventional but its worked for me. if its a new pond to me I'll actually troll over the dropoffs. this helps me cover a lot of ground in a short time, and find out if the bass are active that day. If I dont have any luck I'll change up the color and if still nothing I'll cast into shores. My tecnique for casting is let the bait sit and float for at least 3 seconds after i cast. I cant tell you how often this has produced bass. Then I will work the crainkbat with a ziz/zag motion and twitching, again letting the bait sit for a second or two each time it comes back up. I love it when a bass will come up to blast it. I would say the downsides to using these baits are I dont typically catch large bass. So once i better understand the bass pattern i will change up to a larger crankbait or different bait altogether. I also catch a wide variety of fish using crankbaits, which can get frustrating if none of them are bass. hope this helps

Posted Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:48 am

I too swear by trolling the 3" and 4" Rapala floating shallow divers, both solid and jointed. This year I expanded my arsenal to include square bills and they have produced some nice fish, including a 36" pike in the Sudbury River. I've also experimented on and off with lipless cranks, which got me second place and lunker in the kayak tourney on Lake Shirley a couple weeks back.

Posted Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:41 am

I too swear by trolling the 3" and 4" Rapala floating shallow divers, both solid and jointed. This year I expanded my arsenal to include square bills and they have produced some nice fish, including a 36" pike in the Sudbury River. I've also experimented on and off with lipless cranks, which got me second place and lunker in the kayak tourney on Lake Shirley a couple weeks back.

Posted Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:42 am

dingo

Rapala does have a lot of my money over the years. As for crankbaits, Most ponds i fish tend to be weedy so thats why i use the rapala original floaters and shallow divers. either pearch, shad, or even trout colors. my tecnique may be unconventional but its worked for me. if its a new pond to me I'll actually troll over the dropoffs. this helps me cover a lot of ground in a short time, and find out if the bass are active that day. If I dont have any luck I'll change up the color and if still nothing I'll cast into shores. My tecnique for casting is let the bait sit and float for at least 3 seconds after i cast. I cant tell you how often this has produced bass. Then I will work the crainkbat with a ziz/zag motion and twitching, again letting the bait sit for a second or two each time it comes back up. I love it when a bass will come up to blast it. I would say the downsides to using these baits are I dont typically catch large bass. So once i better understand the bass pattern i will change up to a larger crankbait or different bait altogether. I also catch a wide variety of fish using crankbaits, which can get frustrating if none of them are bass. hope this helps

Welcome aboard come out and join us on the cartopper trail next year

Posted Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:52 pm

welcome to the site and thank you for for sharing you knowledge on cranks

Posted Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:08 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links