Hi,

I just signed up and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a 56 year old, soon to be 57 year old semi-retired ex software developer. I currently work part time as a Patient Monitor and am a proud volunteer at a local hospital. When I'm not busy with either of those I like to fly fish, mostly for stocked trout. I fly fish exclusively but am not a serious student of the sport. I don't have the intellectual capacity to retain the scientific name or life cycle of any of the aquatic insects I tie to my leader. I know some of the common name but normally select a fly based on it buoyancy, size, and color.

I mostly fish a local pond but if I'm with my brother and fishing partner Ray I'll venture further west to fish the Swift. Ray and I also fish the saltwater off of Osterville where we share an 18' Roballo equiped with an 120hp Johnson outboard.

Besides fly fishing I'm interested in politics, current events, and social issues. That's been a problem on 3 other message boards where my progressive views came up against overwhelmingly hostile conservative reactions, but I don't believe this board has a political forum so that shouldn't be a problem here.

I'm looking forward to reading and posting fishing reports.

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:44 pm

crabbybob

Hi,

I just signed up and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a 56 year old, soon to be 57 year old semi-retired ex software developer. I currently work part time as a Patient Monitor and am a proud volunteer at a local hospital. When I'm not busy with either of those I like to fly fish, mostly for stocked trout. I fly fish exclusively but am not a serious student of the sport. I don't have the intellectual capacity to retain the scientific name or life cycle of any of the aquatic insects I tie to my leader. I know some of the common name but normally select a fly based on it buoyancy, size, and color.

I mostly fish a local pond but if I'm with my brother and fishing partner Ray I'll venture further west to fish the Swift. Ray and I also fish the saltwater off of Osterville where we share an 18' Roballo equiped with an 120hp Johnson outboard.

Besides fly fishing I'm interested in politics, current events, and social issues. That's been a problem on 3 other message boards where my progressive views came up against overwhelmingly hostile conservative reactions, but I don't believe this board has a political forum so that shouldn't be a problem here.

I'm looking forward to reading and posting fishing reports.

Welcome over here Bob. No political forum here, Hahahaha

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Welcome to the site man.

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:03 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links