I haven't spent much time fishing worms for trout. I maily used crawlers when I was younger for sunfish and bass under your standard bobber. When I trout fish I usually use small spoons or Rapalas, but sometimes when I can't get a bite to save my life, I think of whether or not live bait would put some fish on the hook.

Anyone have luck using worms for trout fishing and/or have a good rig to fish them. I heard just use a small split shot over a small hook, but I have had fish drop the bait in the past and I think its due to them feeling the weight. I was thinking about using something like a Powerbait rig just with a chunk of worm, or even using a worm under a slip float.

Thanks.

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:00 pm

Put a worm on with a floating marshmellow, my Dad that for years and killed them. I hear that green power bait is working very well also actually i have seen it work

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:26 pm

u can also use a syringe to blow air into the worm to make it float off the bottom w/the powerbait rig.

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:36 pm

were can you go to pick one of those up i haven't been able to find it anywhere?

Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:38 am

u can get a diabetic syringe at cvs. ask for. 1/2 in. 30gauge 1cc insulin syringe.

Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:09 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links