My auger isn't running 100%.
I've never changed the spark plug.
Could I use any spark plug. Like boat motor spark plug or do I gota use one made for augers?[/list]

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 am

Go to the manufacturer's web site and look up the specs. Not all spark plugs are the same.

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:39 am

just pull plug and have napa or another company issue the same one.
I'm reluctant to think its a plug issue. I'm thinking needle valve or carb rebuild

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:17 am

My auger will sputter and die when choke lever is on run. It runs on half choke. But not 100%. 1st time in 2 years Ive ran it. Changed the gas.

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:03 am

pretty sure a carb rebuild is in need.
If gas was in it and any stayed in carb the needle valve might be eroded or seats and need replacement.
I cant say enough about sea-foam and how i personally wont use anything that requires gas and has a tendency to sit for 30 days or more with out sea foam.

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:49 am

Jay your right about Sea Foam. I don't run anything without it. I've also had success in putting straight Sea Foam in the fuel line and letting it sit overnight. It's usually a 50 /50 shot. If it doesn't work you'll have to tear down the carb. It's usually the pilot jet / low speed circuit when it will only run on choke.

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:02 pm

rokibass

Jay your right about Sea Foam. I don't run anything without it. I've also had success in putting straight Sea Foam in the fuel line and letting it sit overnight. It's usually a 50 /50 shot. If it doesn't work you'll have to tear down the carb. It's usually the pilot jet / low speed circuit when it will only run on choke.

Excellent response!

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:09 pm

Crap! I hope it's something minor and easy to fix as I'm going ice fishing in 2 weeks in NH.
Thanks for the help guys.

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:48 pm

if you have your 2 storke engines sit over the season without seafoam and the carb empty you gonna have a bad time

I'm thinking needle valve or carb rebuild

ditto

Posted Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:16 am

ill make the diganoses tomorrow. hey if i cant fix it before NH. aslong as it runs and cuts holes.
i hope it cuts! or im gona have to use the spud

Posted Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:57 am

just use the sef or trufuel in your auger. 2 years shelf life opened. Can't beat it. Where are you located, maybe I can help you with the auger?

Posted Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Marshfield.

Posted Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:12 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links