I saw that too. I would have bought it if it were lefty. They're probably discontinued

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:25 am

shawneramone

I saw that too. I would have bought it if it were lefty. They're probably discontinued

Lefties Rule!

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:16 am

It's in Hartford, CT so it's half the distance of BPS for me

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:29 am

It looks like a daiwa megaforce reel with twitchin bar, but judging by the non sale price it must be the souped up version. The megaforce is regularly 80 bucks and got a good review over all on tackletour so if the viento is anything like that then id say go for it

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:40 am

zack137z

Thanks

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:09 am

Tackletour has a good review from 2005 - so this is an older model that they must be blowing out.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewdaiwaviento.html

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:52 am

I just grab one ordering online. Had to grab some ice fishing gear and I never had a Daiwa reel so why not? Thanks for the tip Zach!

Whats the deal with the twitch bar? Anyone ever twitched before? Sounds like something I can use early morning while trying Dunkin Donuts fix on. But what type of rod should I par this with? Twitch jigs and wacky worms or should I try and twitch some topwater? Anyone think it would work for flipping?

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:02 pm

sinista

zack137z

Thanks

There's one in Maine too

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:54 pm

The twitch bar is supposed to be used for jigs and finnesse applications, when u push it its supposed to take in about 7 inches of line so as far as I'm concerned its a good reel to fish shaky heads and smoke at the same time Wink

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:28 pm

Twitch bar? Sounds cool. Might just have to get one.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Posted Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:27 am

Does anybody on here use twitch bars? I have used my buddys setup that has one and IMO to be stupid and pointless. Its obv all preference j/w if anyones uses one?

Posted Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:00 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links