Anyone been to the salmon river? i was thinking of taking a trip there in late october. anyone have any tips or advice?

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:37 pm

Hell yeah bro We leave in 9 days Be more than happy to help you out!!!!! you should go next weekend....

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:06 pm

I be down to go mike, I was planing on going there last october but never got around to go. let me know, big steelhead there

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:25 pm

http://www.salmonriveroutfittersny.com/

check this website, they have very good reports and this place offers all kinds of rooms to stay, very good location too

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:34 pm

The boats just moved in toward shore The fish are moving in..
8 more days till we leave Aahhhhhwooooooo

Posted Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:51 am

Is it best to rent a rod or should i just buy a new fly rod? how much do u think it would cost? we are planning on going for a week. i thinik we are going on the 15th. Do you need a guide or would i be alright just to go try it on my own. i have trout flyfished in the swift river but never for salmon.

eddie im going with a couple friends already. i can ask them.

any and all info is extreamly appreciated.

Thanx so much.

mike

Posted Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:10 pm

what weight rod should i have?

Posted Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:12 pm

This year my brother and I will be resuming a tradition of fishing the salmon river during the Christmas holiday. We had to put the tradition on hold during the recession but will resuming it after a 2 year hiatus.

We've had very little luck on our own and the last time we fished it we decided to hire a guide. It was expensive but we both walked away with pictures of some nice size fish we caught.

The good and bad of fishing in the middle winter is that it's not croweed, but it's cold has heck.

I post up a report in early January.

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Great luck to you guys, The Fall was awesome, actually BIBLICAL is the word they used.

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Thanks. We've never had a lot of luck but have seen some nice trout come out there in the winter. We'll probably hire a guide for at least 1 day to improve our chances.

The last time we were there the guide tied up some flies for us and a couple of them worked well in the local pond.

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:06 pm

I never hired guide before on this river.

On my first day of this river, pulled 31 pound king salmon, 10 pound brown trout, 9.87 pound steelhead, and small atlantic salmon at 2008. Definitely hooked for life on this river.

Just buy the permit on this river. its cost $45 per day. Certainly worth it. Unless you want to battle with crowds on catch/release zone on north of pulaski.

(my sercet flies or bait was actually sponge from kitchen. just cut them into small cube size like beads. or use beads to fish for them! Very effective and low cost. However, tremendous time to spend to learn beads unless you are very motivated fisherman to practice like that. It took me almost two years to fully learn about "how to fish with beads!" now, I can catch anything on almost every drift! Highly recommend to learn from someone who fish with them...

Posted Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:08 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links