anybody ever ice fish eddy pond i wanna try it when its safe again. i wanna get as much info as possible

Posted Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:22 pm

i fished eddy for the first time this year. its very weedy and very stumpy lol. that being said it looks like a great spot, very "bassy" but the biggest i cought was about 2 lbs. ive heard of guys getting 9lbers outta there but who knows. the stumpy side is really only safely accessable with a canoe and id assume there is potential for some great bass and pickerel over there to the left of the boat ramp but i was in a vhull bass tracker at the time so we were confined to everything right of the ramp. the spot we had the most luck in was when you first enter the water off the ramp turn right and follow the shore straight ahead all the way down and there is some heavy overgrown briar bushes and some other thick s*** over there that was teaming with bass just dont use braid over there stick with fluoro if possible cause your braid will get chewed up on the briars every cast. also check first before you go cause i believe eddys gets treated for weeds frequently and ive gone once and fished the whole day and didnt realize til we were trailoring the boat that the sign said it was treated 2 days prior so we had to go wash up to elbows immediatly upon getting home and it kind of explained why the fish werent biting. good luck

Posted Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:19 pm

just now realized you said "ice" fish eddys lol. i was thinkin bout "regular" fishin sorry . i would assume its pretty decent ice fishing cause its rather small has a lot of submerged structure and is only about 12 feet at the deepest point i believe.

Posted Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:23 pm

bassinbrooksy

just now realized you said "ice" fish eddys lol. i was thinkin bout "regular" fishin sorry . i would assume its pretty decent ice fishing cause its rather small has a lot of submerged structure and is only about 12 feet at the deepest point i believe.

i wanna ice fishing but wouldnt mind takin the nitro there in the spring

Posted Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:05 pm

It's a good spot. You'll have solid action all day. I've never had any huge fish come out of there, but a lot of action. Lots of perch, pickerel and bass. I fished by the islands straight out from the launch probably about 5 times through the ice. Good luck on shiners and rapala jigging shad raps.

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:58 pm

This past Fall I took a 5lb 14 oz Larry from the Middle Island at 5:38 AM...never Ice Fished it before.. I live very close to this pond and drove by today...I would not trust the ice as we have have very warm days for the past 3 days

PJ

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:35 pm

If you took the Nitro you would be limited to certain areas... I use a Pirouge and it's draft is ~ 4"
Facing the water at the ramp the left side would not be of access to you with a Nitro.. it is stumpy, shallow and full of junk.

If you go across to the south side of the islands there is a very narrow channel that goes way back and I have had some decent fights there! Again..in the pirouge..

PJ

kamilfishes

bassinbrooksy

i wanna ice fishing but wouldnt mind takin the nitro there in the spring

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:45 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links