I LOVE FISH but a little hesitant, do you eat the fish you catch, especially those in the charles river, i dont need any extra parts growing on my body.... lol
****what is the low down??

Posted Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:08 pm

I'm usually catch and release only in fresh water, with few exceptions. I've eaten walleye caught in decent water. Stocked trout, grown up on farms for put and take, are probably safe. I frankly wouldn't trust much else, unless I was financially burdened. I have a two-year-old son I don't want to fill with mercury, PCBs, arsenic and whatever the hell else has been released into many fresh waters in the state over the last century and a half (e.g. Mystic Lakes...).

Ultimately, I would say don't eat a lot of it, know your waters well and don't give it to pregnant women or kids, and things should be fine. I wouldn't eat anything from the Charles river, personally.

Salt water is a different story... If you want to fish for food, go for salt water.

...my 2 cents...

Cheers!

Posted Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:24 pm

I don't trust the charles at all, keep up practice with freshwater but i will only eat saltwater fish

Posted Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:15 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links