Any one fish Baddacook or Knops ponds in the Groton area? Buddy just moved in across street from Knops and wants to try the trout fishing in both ponds. Not looking for your secret spots but any general pond info and/or things to try or avoid most welcomed.
Thanks,

Posted Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:19 am

Trout fishing at Knops is good right after stocking. Later in the season they tend to be more spread out and in the summer months they congregate in the deeper holes. It gets very busy in the summer with swimmers and boat traffic. A lot of bass tournaments are held here too.

Baddacook is better off fished from a boat as land access is poor. It's the better trout hole than Knops in my opinion. Trout can be caught year round and some sizable ones do come out of here. Maximum depth is 62ft. If you plan to fish Baddacook make sure you plan early as the boat ramp has limited parking up to 5-7 vehicles and they do fill up fast especially with boat trailers.

Good luck!

Posted Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:28 pm

badacook is real good on the far end of the lake with a 3 inch keitech swimbait as close to the weed edge as you can get the only time i ever targeted trout their i got 8 in about 2 hours also real good for bass in same area with a larger lure like a jig

Posted Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:50 pm

Thanks!

Posted Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:19 pm

Thanks!

Posted Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:27 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links