Does anyone use a casting bubble and ultra light spinning gear? I remember my grandfather using one in the 60s. He got all kinds of trout. I found some bubbles on eBay and I'm going to give it a try.
I also got a D.H. Thompson fly tying kit to make some streamers.

Posted Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:47 am

Wow! I to have decided to try the casting bubble this year. I was going to make a post on it, but I figured I would respond to yours.
I have been flirting with the idea of using the float N fly method this year. I tried it Friday at Plugs pond. It was the only rod that got a hit that day. Even though it was a big Blue gill that was deep.
I used a pink trout magnet about 6 feet under the bubble. and had a bobber stop on so I can get a good cast without having to long of a leader to cast. I am sure if I used powerbait I would have got a trout. But i dont enjoy bait fishing that much, unless it is for Striped bass. Anyway let me know how you do with a casting bubble and fly.
Take care
Jason

Posted Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:41 am

Ive never done it but I know that the water bobber an fly set uo can be very productive for trout and smallies.

Posted Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:50 pm

Hey, there -- first post here.

I grew up in Colorado using a fly and bubble almost exclusively. I'm actually having a hard time adjusting my thinking and trying other baits and lures now that I live in Massachusetts. I caught a ton of yellow perch (don't mean to brag) and a decent sized smallmouth on a fly and bubble up in Vermont last week.

Frankly, I really have no idea where to go for good trout fishing in the area, so I hope y'all can point me in the right direction.

I'm also learning how to fly fish...after years of using the bubble, I figure it's about to time to take off the training wheels!

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:03 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links