Has anyone ever fished this area? Couple of people have told me stories about it being trashed by kids and not worth it and other say its not and loaded with fish. Not sure if its worth the ride so all I'm looking for is a bit of help/advice on this.

Posted Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:10 pm

I haven't fished it in ten years or so but it used to be great fishing. Townsend harbor was always good and the stretch below the falls always produced nice browns brookies and rainbows. Its a beautiful day trip pack a lunch and walk the river. I always used colorado spoons for best results. If you like to fish rapids willard brook in ashby is a great spot not far from there. Lots of tasty brookies. Hope this helps.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:54 am

I haven't fished it in ten years or so but it used to be great fishing. Townsend harbor was always good and the stretch below the falls always produced nice browns brookies and rainbows. Its a beautiful day trip pack a lunch and walk the river. I always used colorado spoons for best results. If you like to fish rapids willard brook in ashby is a great spot not far from there. Lots of tasty brookies. Hope this helps.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:07 am

Thanks MrD, very much appreciate your help. Happy Easter

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:28 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links