Guys

I am taking a vacation with my family and we rented a house on Saturday pond in the Sabego lake area does anyone know of any good spots around there. I tried ME fish finder but there is only a couple of people on there you would think that with all those lakes up there it would have more people on there.

Posted Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:25 pm

I just saw your message about Sebago Lake. I don't know too much about the Sebago Lake area, but I sure know about the Oakland/Smithfield area. There is two lakes that come to my mind right away, because I fish them every year. My favorite lake of all time is North Pond. This lake is about 3 miles long but I concentrate all my fishing around an island as soon as you get on the pond. You launch your boat in a shallow, narrow riverway that winds through a marsh area for a couple hundred yards. As soon as you come on to the lake there is an island. On the back side of the island is a rock shoal that extends about 100 yards or so, that is marked with bouys. on the left side is 5' weedy flats. We catch smallies, largemouth, and northern pike here. I've read that catching 7 lb. bass in not uncommon in this lake. Most of the fish we catch are all quality fish. Smallies average 2lbs, largemouth average 3+lbs, and the largest pike we caught was 6lbs. The state record pike caught here at 28lbs.
The other lake is right down the street, East pond. Smallies and Largemouth. Usually fish the entire cove where the boat ramp is. Shoreline is extremely rocky, and middle cove is 10' with weedy bottom. Straight out from ramp you will see a rock shoal, and accross the lake all the way down towards the river comes in is good too, but have to fish in 10-12' range there. There is a couple other lakes right near by that are good also, but these two are my favorites.

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:46 pm

billred

I spent a week on Saturday Pond several years ago and had no reason to leave, great small and large mouth fishing. If your still interested in other lakes in the area i have also fished Thomas Pond, Cresent Lake, Moose Pond and Hancock. All have desent fishing.

Good Luck, lets us know how you make / made out

ED

Posted Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:23 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links