Does anyone know of a cheap campground or motel near long pond. Im looking for a cheap place to sleep for the night as I am going to head down for the may tourney the day prior to pre fish and wanted to just sleep there for the night as the pond is over two hours from my house. Seriously considering taking my wifes FJ and sleeping in the back of it in the parking lot at the ramp lol.

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:35 am

72 hour cutoff for pre fishing. Nickerson state park for camping although I don't think there are electric hookups.

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:30 am

jbigun

72 hour cutoff for pre fishing. Nickerson state park for camping although I don't think there are electric hookups.

I just read through the rules again and I did not see anything about a 72 hour cutoff, Im not trying to make waves I just want to get familiar with a body of water that I have never fished with out spending a fortune on fuel driving back and forth. And yea I seen that campground on the internet but I believe its around 30 a night for a place to put your tent... f-that noise I will sleep in the car lol, thanks for the response though

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:38 am

prov1

jbigun

I just read through the rules again and I did not see anything about a 72 hour cutoff, Im not trying to make waves I just want to get familiar with a body of water that I have never fished with out spending a fortune on fuel driving back and forth. And yea I seen that campground on the internet but I believe its around 30 a night for a place to put your tent... f-that noise I will sleep in the car lol, thanks for the response though

As one of the tournament directors I will say "there is no rule on prefishing cutoff" I did tell JBIGUN on Friday night that I thought over the winter we had said 72 hours, but NO WHERE is it written.

This is one of those questions ( we appreciate you asking so don't take it wrong) that everyone and their uncle has an opinion on, and eventually it will turn into a s*** show.

With that said here is the decision we have come up with...

As an Angler we ask YOU to make an ethical decision as whether or not to prefish the location the day before. Factor in all the variables , remember their could be fish on beds or close to it by then.

If you think it is a wise choice then have at it.

This is the only way we can deal with this situation since no formal decision was ever made.

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:36 pm

The whole reason I wanted to pre fish was to try and level the field with the guys that have fished the pond in the past. And with the distance and price of fuel it just does not seem feasible to make the drive twice. Im really not trying to cheat or get a leg up on anyone just trying what makes the most sense.

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:55 pm

The whole reason I wanted to pre fish was to try and level the field with the guys that have fished the pond in the past. And with the distance and price of fuel it just does not seem feasible to make the drive twice. Im really not trying to cheat or get a leg up on anyone just trying what makes the most sense.

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:56 pm

prov1

A lot of us have never fished some of the ponds and lakes we are fishing for a tourney. I get not driving a ton for an extended period of time but most ( cant say without facts) stay off the waters for days prior to a tourney.

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:29 pm

Most of the people tournament day is the first time they are on that body of water. I think ive have only had one tourney that i fished before the day of the tourney. If you do go out if you just wanna check out the lake and get familiar with it thats different its just a respect to other anglers but i can see where u are coming from tho.

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:37 pm

prov1

jbigun

I agree with what you are saying about saving the cash you couldn't cheat anyway fish move around as the weather changes, lol its no big deal bud

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:10 pm

In other, larger tournaments, isn't the pre-fishing rule in place to prevent anglers from catching fish in advance and stockpiling them?

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:11 am

I stopped pre fishing after like the third time as it didn't help me win. Then me and Kevin pull a 20 pound bag out of a place neither of us had ever been to. There's probably a tourney there the day before us any way. That happens to us a lot with our Sunday schedule. I have no problem with Josh going there on Saturday for some recon.

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:39 am

shawneramone

I stopped pre fishing after like the third time as it didn't help me win. Then me and Kevin pull a 20 pound bag out of a place neither of us had ever been to. There's probably a tourney there the day before us any way. That happens to us a lot with our Sunday schedule. I have no problem with Josh going there on Saturday for some recon.

ding ding ding, we have a winner. I have no problem with a little recon either

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:48 am

Thanks for all the reply's, Im glad you were able to clear the air for me in regards to pre fishing, and really looking forward to the tourney on long pond. With my schedule this year I should be able to make almost all of the big boat tourneys unlike last year were I was only able to make a few.

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:58 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links