so i was doing some searching around the net out of bordem and came across this.
http://environment.blog.state.ma.us/blog/2012/05/monster-carp-breaks-state-record.html

here is the loser that "cought" the 2012 state record carp, im sorry but driving around a lake in a boat with headlights pointed into the water while aiming a crossbow at shadowy figures swimming around underneath you is not "fishing" it is retarded and should absolutely NOT count as a "fishing" record. not only was this guy not actually "fishing" but he killed this amazing fish with a friggin crossbow to get a plaque and his name in a record book, and to make matters worse the interview states that he told the biologists that he has seen bigger carp in quinsig and that he promises he will be back with yet another state record. this state really needs to fix its broken trophy fish system and start implementing a catch and release record system. imagine how big this fish would have gotten if this homo didnt shoot it with a friggin arrow?!?! not to mention the fact that he is shooting a crossbow at night within a hundred feet of residental homes. this needs to stop.

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:52 pm

Yea, this has been brought up here before.

Doesn't really sound like fishing to me.

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:44 pm

yeah ive seen it brought up here before but this was the first time i actually saw the picture and the article, actually seeing the "dick" holding that mammoth fish and seeing his quote about seeing bigger carp in the lake and promising hed be back with another is like a slap in the face. i have a deep hatred for this guy and ive never even met him. not only is it not fishing but it is a HUGE handicap to "real" carp anglers out there who can actually fool a carp into biting their hook rather than just firing crossbow bolts on unsuspecting fish from above

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:07 pm

it isn't fishing, period. That is my problem with it.

In this state you cannot snag fish. It is against the regs, but you can shoot them with a bow?

To me this should be considered hunting, given hunting regs and a season. If it was half of these guys could not legally do it as they fire within feet of occupied buildings and houses, roads and so on. The only reason they can fire a bow within 10 feet of someones house is because it is called "fishing". The rules are exceptionally unclear or unknown even by the Ep's that need to enforce the rules. I have called many times and been told that it is a grey area and most EP's don't know how to handle the situation, even though most EP's don't support hunting something you will not eat...go figure.

I spoke with another bowman before who said all of these guys do it wrong anyway. If you fire a bow with accuracy at your target then it dies. There should be no fight as you put an arrow through its head. Any thing else is a failed shot.

The guy in the picture lso not only got it with a bow, but a cross bow because he is disabled. He certainly hefted that 47 pound fish like nothing in multiple pictures..but he had lime disease before and could not pull a bow back. Sure...

As I stated before the whole practice is idiotic to me and wasteful. It is a "sport" based in ignorance. The concept that these fish are ruining our waterways is vastly blown out of proportion and misunderstood. I bet that 95% of the folks who tell me they are an invasive species and should be killed don't even know why they are considered invasive, how they got here and what their real impact is. Terms like Keystone Architects escape them.

Speaking of ignorance, I watched a video once of bow "fishermen" killing carp. They talked the whole time about invasive species , destroying our waters, killing other fish and so on. More then half the fish they shot and killed were buffalo suckers, not carp..which are native to our country. That in itself only goes to show how uneducated many of these people are.

The truth is this. Our government brought these fish here long ago because we were destroying our native fisheries. We continued to destroy our native fisheries, but now blamed the new fish. They have been in most major waterways for over 100 years and yet, most major water ways continue to hold a plethora of fish species and thrive with these fish in them. Their impact on our water ways is very limited and nothing compared to the speed boats, trash, dumping, overfishing, damming and so on that continues to destroy our rivers and lakes.

I don't hate this guy as he is just an idiot and not worth my emotion...It just saddens me that our system supports this kind of ignorance.

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:13 am

aren't we beatting this Dead Carp like a dead horse?

We should leave this one alone, makes the hair on my neck stand, and I'm sure that I am not the only one!! All our bitching will not bring it back or changes the 'LAWS"

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:34 am

muskiebigfish

aren't we beatting this Dead Carp like a dead horse?

We should leave this one alone, makes the hair on my neck stand, and I'm sure that I am not the only one!! All our bitching will not bring it back or changes the 'LAWS"

But it does raise awareness which in turn can change laws when people act.

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:33 am

i wanted to get a slingshot to feed further out - its illegal in MA
and the dumb chick in dick's offered me a crossbow instead wich I can carry where ever i want

talking about douchachussetts

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:56 am

skoda

i wanted to get a slingshot to feed further out - its illegal in MA
and the dumb chick in dick's offered me a crossbow instead wich I can carry where ever i want

talking about douchachussetts

Sad Also only if you are disabled apparently...

On a side note it may be illegal it may not be, to be fair the laws only mention slung shots which are completely different...

At any rate you can buy catapults ( http://www.wackerbaits.com/sf/contents/en-us/d102.html ) online. Smile I've been stopped by an EP using one and he asked if it was a slingshot. I said it is a bait catapult, but basically yes, however I showed him the set up, showed what it was designed for and how it was used and explained that I'd be hard pressed to actually hurt anyone or anything with it as is.

He told me it was fine, just not to make it so obvious, like leaving it lay about and such lol. He seemed to think it was different enough to allow, though he may have just been being nice. So I use one to get my boilies out, it is one of the best methods..and to be fair most fun. I'll cross the legal bridge when I come to it.

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:29 am

catapult that infidel

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:25 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links