I am wondering if anyone here has fished Storrow Pond in Hale Reservation for trout? The Mass fish and wildlife website says it has been stocked, but the pond is so small. I have hiked out to this pond many a time but not to fish. Patriot Day is Monday and I have the day off from work and school so I am looking to get out there and wet my line. I am hearing alot of chatter about the CHU opening up, mabye I should head there instead or to Cochituate If not at Storrow pond, anywhere else with good trout action (from shore) in the Dedham area +-30 mins?

Posted Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:13 am

I fish it last year after they said it was stocked and caught nothing. Fished Houghtons last night and they were biting. With the group of us we ended up with 5 rainbows in an hour and a half

Posted Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:24 am

I have fished many times at Houghton's pond. I am looking for a new place to go. I like to see all the different fishing spots and keep a journal of their details. I may find myself at Houghton's pond tomorrow night after work if all goes well.

Posted Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:38 am

The thing about Storrow is that it is really small and there is just one bridge/walkway to fish off - so you can get crowded out. They do stock it though, and you will see fish rising for sure. Worth a shot.

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:51 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links