Made it out around 730 set up ten minutes in first run 3.4 laker. Re set same pole two minute soak second run a 2.9 LM. About time I got my first laker out of this place hopefully many more to come

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:38 am

Congrats on your first laker from the Chu.

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:00 am

Using large shiners or perch...or something else?

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:41 am

Got them on some pike shiners I paid an arm and a leg for at the bait shop right at the res 6.40 for 4 prob large shiners

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:45 pm

Great job!!! Dont see many LMB Congrats

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:35 pm

We all spend too much on fishing. Seems like short money for getting your first laker.

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:30 pm

Ugh...I wish I spent too much time fishing.

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:33 pm

Let's hope it's a year of firsts!Still trying for my first Laker. Just started last yr but feels like 4 eva! Took next wk off just to devote some time to breaking my cherry.Hope it works!

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:41 pm

I ran across a couple guys fishing Ponki from the shore this week and both of them were carrying beat up old spincast setups with Senkos. We talked for a few minutes, long enough to convince me that they knew what they were doing and they'd been doing it for a while. Even gave me some insight into a new location. Just goes to show that it's not about the gear, it's about the person using it.

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:51 pm

Taking BadLarry to the Chu again tomorrow morning, I really hope he get's one or two or any for that matter. He has put his time in, 1 year plus he has been faithfully trying, even taking other people so they can catch fish. It's about time the winds change at the Res for you, hell, we even got the right candy for the morning.. No excuses tomorrow!!!

Posted Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:23 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links