I am new to MA fish finder. I was fishing a stocked pond yesterday and my 6 year old caught what appears to be an Albino Rainbow trout. I wanted to see what everyone thought. We let him go so he is still in there.

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:15 am

Palomino Trout.

It isn't a true albino. They tend to be stocked with regular trout..just a rainbow trout hybrid. Very cool to find. Big congo rats on that.

Last edited by blackstonecarp on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:25 am

If it was albino it probably would have pink eyes, and im not sure if albino fish exsist. But I have seen whitish blue walleyes and perch before which the environment officials said was due to a gene mutation or something like that. This fish might have the same problem.

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:26 am

prov1

If it was albino it probably would have pink eyes, and im not sure if albino fish exsist. But I have seen whitish blue walleyes and perch before which the environment officials said was due to a gene mutation or something like that. This fish might have the same problem.

It is a genetic hybrid of golden trout and rainbow trout. Not found in wild only stocked. We had them in Pa quite a lot when I was growing up, they stocked them regularly as something special to catch.

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:27 am

Thank you guys for the info, I appreciate it.

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:08 am

Yeah great catch, he'll have fish story to tell for years to come

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:15 am

very cool catch. are they all sterile like tiger trout?

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:56 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links