It was a glorious morning on the water for our first kayak tourney of the 2013 season. Everyone arrived on time and was treated to coffee and donuts courtesy of yours truly. It was great to see some familiar faces and meet some guys in person for the first time. The calm of early morning soon gave way to a brisk 10mph wind out of the E/NE creating waves and whitecaps and making some of us wish we had dressed more warmly. Anchors were liberally deployed. Most participants were able to find some bass amidst the deluge of slime darts. And as with most tournaments, we had a few mishaps. Congratulations to buffalo78 for nabbing the winning bag and lunker.

1. buffalo78 10 lbs 6 oz, lunker 4 lbs 2 oz
2. lifted 7 lb 4 oz
3. rivethead 6 lb 10 oz
4. knpc 6 lb
5. bloomagoo 3 lb 10 oz
6. pmar20 3 lb 5 oz
7. jjbagoose 1 lb 2 oz

Did not weigh in:

dirty hooker (broken scale)
juggernoob
deaffisherman (left early, called into work)

We also had a side pot for lunker pickerel won by bloomagoo, 3 lbs 4 oz.

Our next kayak tournament will be at Charles River in Waltham on May 18. Look for the signup posting to appear soon.

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Awesome job John, I'm glad these are taking off. And congrats to all those are some nice bags.
Ill see you at the Charles ramp.

Awesome stuff right here fellas!

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 1:23 pm

Nice job fellas what was the prevailing technique?

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 2:23 pm

I was using a white spinnerbait witha 4" white grub trailer and killing the picks. Also picked up a couple bass. I know some of the guys were using wacky Senkos and crawling them over rocks in the shallows.

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 2:34 pm

It was a nice day out there. I cought 7-8 pickerel but only two bass. Hopefully I can make it to a bunch more of these this year and land a few more next time.
Here are a few pics from this morning

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Yeah, I caught 15 fish today. 13 pikerels and 2 bass. two bass was not legal keeper size. All fish caught on fluke/senko. Nothing on tube, jig, spinnerbait for me.

I just wanted to go out there to fish and meet you guys. I knew I had to go work but not that early as I expected. I just wanted to go fish and advantage the time on water. This pond is definitely nice place to fish. Hope to fish with you guys again sometimes soon.

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 4:02 pm

It was great meeting you Mark. Here's to hoping that you finish the next one. I sense that you are a formidable competitor.

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Nice meeting you all today. I had a good time, def glad I had and anchor that wind was rough. Here are my bass for the day. I caught another but the pic I took of the scale read out was gone so he didn't count. Luckily he was my smallest.
[/img]

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 5:19 pm

Congrats on taking 2nd place. Since you were over 3 lbs out of first place, the little fish made no diff. Clearly you are a competitor that we would like to see at future tournaments. Good luck tomorrow.

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 5:24 pm

Here's a couple shots from shore prior to departure, my 4 Largies, and 1 of the seemingly countless number of 12" to 14" Pickerel that attacked my lures today. I stuck w/ shallow cranks and jerkbaits today for all my fish, snot-rocket or otherwise. Great time today, and see you all at the A-1 tourney!

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Nice job everybody.

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Nice!

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 7:25 pm

Thanks for putting together another great tournament John!

Great way to start off the season.

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 8:31 pm

Great job everyone.

Here's my 4.2lb lunker for the day

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 10:00 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links