Have been hitting 20-25" line spiders in Dorchester. All on worms and leftover squid from last year. Saw a bunch of not so law abiding fellas live lining herring in Charlestown and pulling up some good sized keepers. Also heard of some keepers being taken in Quincy.

Posted Fri May 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Good to see you back on the site...my buddy has been catching some schoolies in the springfield stretch of the CT river.

I'm really getting itchy fingers on picking up a stradic 5000fj and a nice 7'+ Heavy rod for popping and bloodworms

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 8:28 am

You too. Hope you've been well!

Springfield?! Damn. That's a hike! I was hoping to find some spots around here that i could wade into!

I've got 12 and 14 foot black beauty rods with older shimano baitrunners for chunks. I just picked up a 10' and 11' Ron Arras rods for popping and lures. Both equipped with newer style baitrunners, the 8000 and 12000 respectively.

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 10:54 am

My friends caught 10 schoolies, one keeper surf casting in Barnstable the last three days, we're going out tonight at high tide to try for more

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 11:29 am

Where you guys headed to? And what are you fishing? Live? Lures?

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 11:39 am

we're headed to a getty in Osterville, not sure the name of the street; we wear chest waders and can access spots the Brazilian bucketeers can't. We only chunk bait when we go out on this beach we drink/drive our trucks on called Sandy Neck. Tonight we will use poppers, sluggos with jig heads, soft swim baits and I bought a new S-waver by River2Sea I will try out tonight

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 11:44 am

Were actually heading there now; should be there a few hours. It's on Seaview Ave in Osterville

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 1:30 pm

Man... It would take me a couple hours to get there. I'm in Boston and have to head up to the north shore for some obligations... Gonna try to see how Beverly is tonight for the stripes and for squids. Good luck!

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 1:33 pm

Duxburry and Plymouth have been real good!

Caught a bunch this year!!!! Rubber shads and grubs have been the lure!!!!

Lots of small fish. Couple bigger ones mixed In. A few keepers up to 30". And bigger schoolies. But most for me are 10-15"

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 7:15 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links