I just wanted to post something here letting you guys know what I'll be doing for the next couple of months. Aside from fishing a whole heck of a lot I do volunteer in the National Parks Service and as such there are a few events I will be hanging around at officially if any one is ever interested in coming out and saying hello and what not.

June calender, the 28th I will be hosting a workshop during the Heritage canal festival

July calendar, teh 19th specifically I will be there as a volunteer to showcase carp fishing during the other events

August calendar, the 9th I will be fishing and helping Smokey the Bear catch something, as it is his birthday!

September calendar, I host the carp derby on the 13th, also grandparents day weekend

To obtain directions to River Bend farm/Blackstone Valley Heritage state park, click the official site linky

In any event I love fishing this area, so tend to be around most weekends there, somewhere Smile. These are the official events and as such I will be wearing a volunteer uniform and showcasing carp fishing techniques, baits,equipment etc. All events are free of charge, and limited poles/tackle/bait are often supplied. Licenses are covered by the park at official events as well, meaning if you have a friend that doesn't have a license they would be ok to fish at the workshop/derby event. I personally ask that these events be kept catch and release, but that is only a voluntary effort and there is no mandatory catch and release, you are able to keep fish from here, though check the local advisories on eating fish from the area.

Anyway enough rambling on my part, hopefully I will see some of you guys around, at least during the September 13th , 10th annual carp derby Wink

Posted Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:31 pm

The 28th went pretty good, looking forward to July!

Posted Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:07 am

As another update, some of you may have watched our latest Episode of Blackstone Carp presents: Smokey's Birthday went quite well for all involved. The old bear was making the rounds while many of the valley's groups talked about their activities and helped celebrate the day!

Blackstone River Watershed Association had a booth and member paddling

Blackstone Valley Sugaring association was here to help dedicate a maple tree planting as well as fly a scale model hot air balloon!

Blackstone Carp was there to promote carp fishing and our upcoming derby! September 13th!

and many many more things were happening, these pics are just a tatse. If you want to see more you can always check out the trips section here and see our Smokey the Bear's Birthday Trip

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:53 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links