I finally got the go ahead from the boss, and the Lund 1600 Fury SS appears to be the choice. Does anyone have experience with this boat?

It appears to be a great entry level boat that will get me on the water with the kids, a little tight with the boss. It should also get my 11 year old and I into some MAFF action this Summer!

http://www.lundboats.com/boats/2013-aluminum/fury-new

I needed a small/light boat (towed by Camry), good price point, and lots of options. Lund appears to have a good reputation, even though I could have bought more boat in a Tracker, their laundry list of BBB complaints ruled them out.

Any info/input is appreciated, as I have not committed entirely to this boat yet (I have until this week, Dealer already ordered the boat).

Thanks in advance.

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:49 am

looks great - the deep v hul makes it nioce on ruff waters

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:16 am

Lund is a great decision.
it is probably the highest end aluminum boat you can buy.
Be aware aluminum is light and high sided boats get pushed alot in the wind. The have a decent amount of movement when people walk around too. None of these items are real bad. Just need to make adjustments during day or trips.
On the better side aluminum drafts less water and can go shallower and bump into rocks without cringing so much too.
Anyway
Enjoy. Being on the water anyway possible is awesome and with family is even better!

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:50 am

Lund is a great company and great customer service my buddy has an older one and that thing holds up great your are gonna love it! I agree with jay that they are one of the best aluminum boats out there.

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:46 am

Lund makes great boats... i have one hence the user name. They only issue you could possibly run into is the transom rotting out because lund does not seal the transom all the way. Usually you wont see this till the boat is at least 5 years old but i believe there is a 10 year warranty on the hull and wood so regardless u will be fine.

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:05 pm

prov1

Lund makes great boats... i have one hence the user name. They only issue you could possibly run into is the transom rotting out because lund does not seal the transom all the way. Usually you wont see this till the boat is at least 5 years old but i believe there is a 10 year warranty on the hull and wood so regardless u will be fine.

Yea my buddy re did his whole Transom and it is mint now but like i said there customer service is great!

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:51 pm

Nice boat! Lund is a top quality aluminum boat and I think worth the extra money.

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Just bought one myself.. I upgraded to the merc 40 efi.. great little boat.. easy for myself to launch and recover.. . comfortable as heck... A bit worried how she'll handing when I get caught in the wind and waves... but not to worried... Very happy with the purchase...

Posted Wed May 29, 2013 10:16 am

I recently purchased my first new boat as well. I would recommend you look at the Alumacraft line as well as the Lund. I had it narrowed down to the Lund and the Alumacraft. Both have great reviews and both are approved for saltwater use as well. While I agree that Lund is probably a slightly better product, I chose the Alumacraft for 2 reasons. The pricepoint is lower and the dealership was closer to me than the Lund dealer.

Posted Wed May 29, 2013 11:37 am

I have an Alumacraft ModV AW1756 and find the quality to be excellent and more than adequate. Recently sold an Alumacraft Jon boat which was also great quality. Only problem as reported by the new owner was a curse on it preventing the catching of fish. lol

Not sure how Alumacraft compares in quality or price to a Lund. I have been very pleased with the Alumacraft Dealer, Hanks Marine in Leicester, MA., straight shooters and good value.

Posted Wed May 29, 2013 12:22 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links