First off, Hello Everyone!

I just moved to Mass about a year ago, but only started fishing here on the ice this winter, so i'm still learning where to go on the open water. I'm interested in the charles river, but don't really know where to put a boat in (we have a small rowboat). I tried one stretch in Wellesley off Rt 16 and had a decent day, but I know the river is much bigger than the small section we fished...Does anyone have any recommendations or know of other spots to put a boat in??

Another question was if there was any other public access to Cochituate besides the state park...

Thanks!!

Posted Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:04 am

What's up, man,

If you want to fish the Charles, there's a boat ramp right on Woerd Ave. in Waltham (right off Crescent St). From there, head South for the good spots (left if you're on the ramp facing the river).

I'm not sure if there's access to cochichuate (or however the F you spell it), but there's a lake right across the street also run by the state with free access (head east on rt30 for about a quarter mile, and its on the left), and if you wait til 4 or 5 in the afternoon, even the state parks you usually have to pay for are free. just keep your eye on the time. If it has a gate, it probably closes at 8, and you'll have to call the police to unlock it for you (yes, you do indeed hear the voice of experience) Smile

hope this helps

Posted Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:57 am

I wouldn't call the cops,I would call my wife and say I'm doing some night fishing!! Twisted Evil

Posted Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:21 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links