I am wondering what people recommend I fish for during the middle summer months. I assume that many of the ponds/lakes that were stocked with trout are running low by now? Is that true, or are there plenty of trout left in those bodies of water still at this point in the season? Or, at this point, am I better off waiting for the Fall? I would love to continue to fish around the greater Boston area this coming month, I just don't know what my best bets are. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:51 pm

I have no experience in the Boston area so I can't give any specific examples sadly..but as far as what fish, well Trout are still gonna be out there but they are going to be fewer and farther between, with the holders going deeper or becoming very cautious. I have found in the summer having a small boat/canoe/kayak for trout is usually best..or walking in out of the way wooded shorelines and hitting all the cover. Rooster tails in reds and browns have traditionally worked well for me in warmer water.

These months are really good for bass and pretty much the entire host of panfish. I like a lot of top water lures, or close to top water lures used around and over the abundant weed fields that are growing like mad during these warm months.

With good access to the Charles up your way you could try your hand at carp fishing as well. They are warm water fish and will feed at all hours through-out the summer months. This river also holds a good population of channel and white catfish if I recall correctly.

I hear stripers have been active and running well this year if your looking for some saltwater action.

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:25 am

August September and October are killer times to fish for bass in Boston area. fish afternoon high sun and look for fish hideing in cover. You cant go wrong with any soft plastic. Fish any incoming water feed right at dusk especialy late august into september.

good luck

Kman

Posted Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:39 am

use top water and spinner baits for larry it has never failed me in the strech run of summer. i agreee that the charles seems to never slow down always good fishing there

Posted Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:19 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links