Is anyone out there using these? I have for many years and was wondering if anyone was using them and if so what colors are working for you?

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:11 pm

I used them for past two years on big trouts in large rivers. all colors are working differently on each rivers to fish's preferences. One river is better on clown color meanwhile downstream on same river is only using pink color. But on mouth of river, blue/orange/green work better than the rest of colors. It is depend on where you fish. You gotta try them out and checking which lure that get nibble on it. then fish that color all day.

But remember, getting your lure into right depth is huge factor for targeting trouts in rivers. then color will follow the result for your catches.

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:01 pm

i use trout magnets for panfish and early spring bass . i have best luck with chartreuse, white ,and chartreuse with orange tails in that order. i just run them under a weighted slip bobber so i can vertically jig it in the same spot for long periods of time without having to retrieve then re cast

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:19 pm

Never caught any trout on it but I sure can't keep the sunfish off the hook. It is one of my go to lure on my ultra-lite set up for sunnies.

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:13 pm

We have used them for about 6 years. My 2 main colors are Silver head with white body and Gold head with gold/Meal worm body. Sometimes the gold head with white body... We use them just like any other jig ,casting and slow retrieve.. The water where we fish is crystal clear most of the time so a fluorocarbon leader (2 to 4 lb test) is a must. Also many of the fish we catch we can see. Like sight fishing bass on beds.

Posted Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:43 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links