I will be spending a week on the cape in Brewster and would like to go out on a charter for bass or maybe bottom fishing. I have 2 so hiring a 6 pack is doable but I would prefer to get in on an open (makeup) trip or a smaller charter that does 2 people

Anyone have any suggestion please?

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:02 pm

I have two that I have been on that I would highly recommend. One leaves from Stage Harbor in Chatham. He fished the rips off of Nantucket and the Vineyard. It is a long boat ride but the fishing is incredible. He really knows his business. He can take up to 6 people. We catch tons of fish up to about 42 inches. He fishes with heavier equipment either with wire line and jigs if the fish are down deeper or plastics on the surface if they are biting on top. Most often we get the fish on top and can see the strikes, very exciting. Personally, I have never caught anything bigger than 42 inches on his boat. I believe he charges around $1200.00.

Another one I have used leaves from Sandwich. He fishes completely differently and prefers to take only 3 people, 4 at most. He fishes with light tackle and mostly eels. We do not catch as many fish on the boat but they have been quite a bit larger. Last year we took only 6 Stripers but they ranged from 35 - 43 pounds. We got some Blues as well. Much more fun on the light tackle. He charges around $500.00. Not sure about the rules for advertising on the site so if you PM me I will get you the info.

Posted Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:13 am

Thanks very much - I will contact both and see

Eels at night and everything is ALL RIGHT!

Posted Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:07 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links