I have a 6'9" st Croix medium light with pflueger supreme xt I use 8lb mono on it mostly use it for Texas rig fishing I'm sick of trilene and spider wire any suggestions

Posted Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Try the copolymer lines I have had good luck with them.p-line flouroclear is what I use on spinning and bait casters.Depending on the application.Seagar Flourocarbon is good too,if you want to spend the money.Braided lines I use power pro.

Posted Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:29 pm

But is braid good for drop shot and weighted Texas rig that's primarily what I use this rod for

Posted Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:31 pm

Every application requires something different.Drop shot I would use 6 # flouro carbon or a light braid with a mono or floro leader.I usually go straight floro and use the same line for the leader.Texas rig I would use an 8 to 10 # line floro or braid depending on conditions.Wood ,brush or just rocks and weeds.Everything can change at different lakes and ponds.Open water,weeds,logs,stumps,brush,lily pads,rocks and so on and so on.If your not prepared for the situation all you can do is hope to land that fish.
If you only have 1 rod and reel you need to have a couple of options besides that.If you're just fishing off shore you should be fine with the light stuff.In a boat consider everything.

Posted Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:47 pm

I have a couple rods and I'm fishing from a boat but thanks for the information maybe I should try fluro do I need to condition it

Posted Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:49 pm

IF YOU WANT TO SAW THROUGH PADS .. AND FEEL THE FISH TUGGING ON YOUR EARS ..BRAID IS THE HOT LINE AND I HATE
REPLACING LINE ALL THE TIME I AM CHEAP DO THE BRAID AND
REPLACE EVERY 10 YEARS JUST BUY REELS CON OR SPINNING
WITH EX SPOOLS BUT LEARN YOUR LEADER KNOTS AND USE SUPER GLUE FOR THE STATE FARM EFFECT..... SPLIT SHOT TO GET DOWN
IF NEED BE

Posted Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:00 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links