Hi everyone. Just started getting into fishing the last couple of years and new to this site. Just bought a fishing Kayak and looking for new fishing spots. Looking at Nipmuc pond in Mendon for next week. Anyone with any info on this pond would be great or any other ponds near Blackstone, MA.

Thx
Stump

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:28 pm

Welcome to the site. Enjoy it lots of info and good advice. Good luck on the water.

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:34 pm

I'm from Milford and Kayak fish A1,Chauncy and a few others in the area. Let me know if you want get together some time. Shoot me an email...

Brazenheadbeer@gmail.com

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Nipmuc has tons of small bass. Not too many big ones. A numbers pond

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:48 pm

storyofmylife

Nipmuc has tons of small bass. Not too many big ones. A numbers pond

Wheres the public boat launch there?

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:32 pm

Thanks for all the comments I'll let you know how it goes if I get to fish there next week. The boat launch is right on the side of the beach ( taft ave.). I drove around there today and a kid that works at the beach said I could park there and launch anytime, beach doesn't have to be open. Very small launch, grown in as well but good enough for kayak, canoe.

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Question I have to ask, I see all these killer Bass / fish pics. Are you guys putting them back in the lakes for someone else to catch? Hope so!

Posted Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:43 pm

Hey man, I know I am not around your area so it doesn't really much matter to you but I know for one that I do throw back my catches to give an opportunity for them to grow even bigger to catch again sometime and give others a chance. Also just about everyone I see out on the water throws back their catches as well.

Posted Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:01 pm

well like i said newbie here and everyone I fish with does the same so thats cool and it matters. They way I see it is if I want to eat fish I go to the market.
Thanks
nice bass

Posted Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:42 pm

Most of the guys here are catch and release anglers

Posted Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:58 pm

No worries man, glad to hear you got into fishing. Nothing's better than being out in the water. If you have any questions add me as a friend on here or whatever don't hesitate to ask. Also thanks, that was a good catch from last summer actually just happened to be my last cast of the night, I haven't had too much time this summer so far since I am out lobstering and fishing salt water commercially with my buddy but biggest fish I have caught this summer has been 6 lbs 11 oz and I gladly tossed em back to catch em again hopefully when hes added on a few pounds lol.

Posted Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:55 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links