..Anyone know of any good spots in the Plymouth MA. area? I know of a few where I've caught some lunkers...willing to share.

Posted Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:23 pm

Bloody Pond. Good Smallies too.

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:56 pm

Hoyt's pond too,although it's tough to get into,Mikey C and I used to fish there all the time,That is where i caught my biggest Larry
6lbs 10oz,@ 10pm.

Posted Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:27 am

i have to fish the cape lakes more this year, i'll be looking to you guys for some locations.

Posted Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:50 pm

Absolutely Johnny,some good ponds mostly in Plymouth,but i'm going to work the Cape ponds this year as well.
And Jesse if you can find a way into Federal Furnace pond there is some fatboys in there too.Its in the state park,we used to sneak in thru a way,but i'm doing everything by the book this year,Me and mikey c got caught last year,and it's not worth it.!!!!!we fish the turtle sanct, but you can fish federal,you just cant drive in there.

Posted Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:01 pm

I like Federal. Also I have caught large mouth in Billington Sea, but make sure you're legit 'cause the guys in green patrol.

Posted Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:28 am

Billington Sea has some lunker largmouths, haven't fished it in years, but a buddy of mine caught an 8 pounder, I caught a 5 pounder, and another friend caught a 3 pounder on the same day. Pinewood Lake @ Pinewood Lodge Campgrounds is loaded with largemouths. I have caught many 2 & 3 pounders and the last time I was there caught a 6 pounder. As of this date south shore fishing has been very good for me and many of my friends.

Posted Thu May 28, 2009 4:37 pm

I agree with Petra about Hoyts. An it is an SOB to get into. Got to have 4WD. Another good place is Curlew in Miles Standish. Just outside Plymouth you got the Agawam river which hold some big bass that get to feed on Herring and Alewife.

Posted Thu May 28, 2009 4:52 pm

johnnybag-a-bass

i have to fish the cape lakes more this year, i'll be looking to you guys for some locations.

I caught a 4 and a half pound larry at Mashpee-Wakeby lake last Sunday.I lost another Larry that was fighting harder than the one I caught,but I direct-tied my knot to the hook and it didn't hold.

This is a big place ,so you will need a boat to get around in.Iwent with a friend who had an 18.5 ft inboard outboard. Oh yea, the parking lot has attendents, and it's $15 for parking, unless you're military.

Peters Pond ( Sandwich) is good for trout and landlock salmon during that season. A smaller pond which has sallies in Sandwich ,MA is Spectacle Pond. A small boat would be appropriate there, because there insn't that much acreage.

Posted Fri May 29, 2009 8:19 am

Doughay, how do you get into spectacle?,I live in sandwich and went looking for an entrance,on the map i saw it,but when i got there it was the YMCA and it said no trespassing?lil help.

Posted Fri May 29, 2009 4:19 pm

petralunker

Doughay, how do you get into spectacle?,I live in sandwich and went looking for an entrance,on the map i saw it,but when i got there it was the YMCA and it said no trespassing?lil help.

How ya' doin' Petra !

You were right on top of it. Spectacle Pond Rd, is nothing more than a narrow dirt road which takes you down to the landing.( no street sign )

Pinkham Rd from Quaker Meetinghouse Rd. Look for a red fireplug on the left. A little further down the the street, look for a white mailbox with the number 35 on it( on the right ). There are 2 dirt roads right next to each other after the red fire plug,(on the left) and just before the white #35 mailbox. The first dirt road has a fence on each side of it. That is somone's property, take the second dirt road on the left. You immediately go up a small hill so you can't see nothing until you drive over the small hill. Once you get over the little hill, you'll see the landing and the pond.

It's perfect for canoes and a small john boat with an electric motor. I don't know if gas engines are allowed. Trout and Sallies are there, probably Larries too. A beautiful quiet pond .

PM me and I'll meet you down there sometime if you want. Warning: I use live bait, cause I suck at artificial. Maybe you could give me some pointers.

Tight lines ,bro.

Posted Sat May 30, 2009 8:07 am

beaver dam pond, little sandy pond, halfway pond

Posted Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:17 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links