I was sitting round this morning drinking my coffee and day dreaming about the best place I would die to fish at. I'm thinking the Limousin region of France for me. The weather is generally nice, the Carp are stocked and huge! I guess this could also be really any good carp water in Europe. Someday I will take the trip and see how they do it and hopefully catch a 50+ pound fish, or heck maybe even a world record since this is a day dream!

My second choice is the Kaveri River in Southern India. It is an insanely fast river, intense heat and known for its extremely hard fighting and giant Mahseer. The Mahseer is a member of the carp family, with a deeper body that can grow to 9 feet in length and 120 pounds.

That sums up my two "dream trips" was bored so figured I would post and maybe others will share where they would love to go one day.

Posted Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:49 am

Good topic Timwag! Since my favorite fish is smallmouth there two places that id love to try. Id have to say my first choice would be Dale Hollow in TN. The world record smaliie came out of there and the smallie fisherman dont start calling them lunkers til they get over 7lbs!!! The world record was i believe 14 lbs+. an theres been many certified 10's out of there.
A close second would have to be Lake Erie. They had a Bassmasters tourney there last year where guys where pulling in 25 to 30Lbs bags on a 5 fish limit all smallies. An 8lber was just pulled out of lake Erie last week!
Got to say either place would be heaven to fish for a week. Weather wise Dale Hollow would be a better take cus if the winds blowing the Great Lakes can be Tough. On that same tourney a few pro anglers almost got there boat sank from waves coming over the boat.

Posted Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:35 pm

I have a couple trips that I would love to do. One is a trip to Louisiana, fishing the cypress down there for big largemouth. I have my eyes on Caddo Lake, although the Bayou/Delta areas down around New Orleans would be awesome too.

The other thing is a trip up north to fish for grayling. I've had a fascination with those since I was a little kid. I don't currently fly fish, but I would take it up in a heartbeat for a trip like that.

Posted Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:30 pm

mine would have to be fishing for smallies,muskies, or pike at rainy lake in Canada. and also fishing the amazon for peacock bass.

Posted Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:27 am

My dream trip is fishing with my son when he gets older.

I know it's a wimpy answer.

Posted Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:09 pm

vinny60

My dream trip is fishing with my son when he gets older.

I know it's a wimpy answer.

I'd fish with my son if he liked fishing. we play paintball together instead. you gotta love to be able to shoot your teenage son and getting away with it, LOL.

Posted Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:49 pm

Lots of trips come to mind, some already said:

peacock bass in south america
musky/pike whereever they get over 40"
big largemouth in the south

I think the one i'd most want to catch is a tarpon though, a really big one, haha.

Posted Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:56 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links