I am upgrading my fly fishing setups and looking to unload a couple decent fly rods to make room for the new stuff.

1. Fenwick HMX 9 ft 5 wt 2 piece graphite rod and Fenwick BlackHawk reel - includes weight forward fly line. Original retail on this combo was $199, I purchased new for $115 this past winter. I used it about 7 trips this spring for trout. It is a relatively fast general purpose rod suitable for fish in the 1-5 lb range. This would be a really good low cost setup for someone just starting out. Asking $80. Comes with a rod tube with integrated sock.

2. Fenwick World Class 9ft 6wt 2 piece graphite rod only - Original list on this rod was $199 and it is beautifully finished. I purchased as new old stock for $100 this past winter. I have used it about 5 times this year. It is a medium to medium-fast action with a slightly larger grip most suitable to someone with a largish hand. Includes rod tube and sock. Asking $70.

Posted Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:17 pm

Do they include the reels?

Posted Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:22 pm

As the description states, the HMX includes the reel, fly line and rod tube. The World Class is just the rod, sock, and rod tube, but no reel or line.

Posted Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:18 pm

My bad...did not see that on the HMX...

Posted Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Bump

Posted Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:39 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links